1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Off-Road Tire?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by lifted6.6, Sep 8, 2013.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I am not a MUDDER, but if I need to! I have Dick Cepek Mud Country's and believe that they will get me out. They are quiet for a mudder and provide a good ride. as though they are "All Terrains". As far as mileage, I have about 8,000mi and rotated @ 3,000mi and they still are quiet.They are expensive, but the reviews were what sold me! Thus far, i'm glad of my choice. Nitto's were the going thing nearby, but I wanted something different. Your choice, but don't give up! They have a awesome appearance too.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had BFG AT and HATED them, no traction in the winter, WAY to expensive too. I went to Dunlop MAXX tractions MT after less then 500 miles on those junk ass BFG AT. They don't make the Dunlops anymore but my next tire will be Kelly (Goodyear) TSR (duratracs essentially) MUCH MUCH cheaper!! I would stay away from the Discoverer STT that is a mudd tire not a hybrid, I hated how loud they were and they rode very rough. The ST would be better.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Correct The STT is the mudder and the ST is the hybrid. I have the ST and so far love them. American made too
  4. mud runner

mud runner Member

I just got a set of rocket mountin at 265 75 16 for my truck Friday and I like them a lot i wouldent be afraid to take them off road
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good conversation in this thread.