1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best onroad/offroad tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rc89, Oct 30, 2008.

1. rc89

rc89 New Member

i have a 94 sonoma 2 wheel drive with a 3 inch body lift. My question is what are the best off road tires that still do well on the pavement as a daily driver. im thinking some type of bfgoodrich but if anybody knows something help me out thanks
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For a good off road handlers but quiet on pavement I like Good Year Wranglers. I have used them a few times before and found them to be a good marriage between aggressive off road use and every day driving for a 1/2 ton truck.
  3. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

consumer report said that the Nitto Terra Grappler ATs were the number 1 tire. some people love them, some people hate them. the BFG AT KO are a pretty good tire.
  4. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

According to my latest Consumer Reports, they have the Nittos at #8. They list the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's at #1. I've heard lots of good things about the Nittos though, and they are among the tires I will look at when I have to get new rubber on my truck.
  5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I hate them. they SUCK in the mud
    Bfg all terrains are great in the mud and are a respectable tire on the road.
    My dad has pro-comp X terrains and they are a great offroad tire . and a decent road tire .. he drives the jeep everyday on a 20 mile drive on the Hwy :neutral:
  6. 4x4_only

4x4_only Member

I totally agree...they suck!

The BFG's all terrain are great all around tires and you get great mileage out of them. Even the mud terrains get great mileage. I have 35,000 miles on my mud terrains and have great tread left.
  7. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Agreed on the BFG's. I've run AT's, and my wife has the MT's and they hold up really well. Not a noisy tire either.
  8. common dude

common dude Rockstar

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have heard great things about the bfg all terrains. On my 2wd I have cooper discoverer ST's. They were already run for a ton of miles before I got them (free from my boss). I've put a ton of miles on em and they still have good tread. They do well in the snow too.
  10. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

^ see what i mean, some people love them, some people hate them. i do like the Pirelli ATRs, nice aggresive yet sporty tread, heard they arent too noisy either

on the other hand im running Falken Landair HTs(yep a highway tire) and they do great in the mud lol of coarse they are 10 plys so its going to take a little more then a few sticks and rocks to go through them, but then again im not in the mud everyday