Best Performance Mods?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BlueDevil, Nov 3, 2012.

1. BlueDevil

BlueDevil New Member

Im looking for a cheaper but good performace boost on my 06 silverado, do yall know of any good modification that are relatively cheap?

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

cam, tuner, cat back exhaust....... all depends on what you want to spend, and what you are trying to do....

Alex

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tuner and custom tune to start, that way you get it paying for itself quickly through mpg gains. It's one of the few mods that can do that ... and of course the more fuel costs the faster you recover your costs on the tuner and custom tune. Don't just get the handheld ... get the custom tune, as well. Every truck is unique and you'll get your biggest improvement if you tune for your truck's unique characteristics.

4. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

It does all depend on your price but personally I went with a drop in filter and airaid mit to go with my custom tune from BlackBear. The two popular custom tunes are BlackBear and Diablew. Both have great reviews, I just finished up with mine and it made a hell of a difference. The drivability is much better and you get a good power boost. I wasn't even able to get a chirp out of my tires now when I stomp on it off the line they will spin for a couple seconds.

5. BlueDevil

BlueDevil New Member

Thanks, im not looking to spend to much , i would like to get some more hp when towing and just more speed out of it thanks for the tips. What Brand of tuner?

6. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Diablo intune is nice. I like mine. Diablo has a bunch of good options