1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best place/price on new instrument cluster?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigRobSA, Nov 11, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BigRobSA

BigRobSA New Member

2003 Silverado LT-cluster (mainly speedo/oil pressure/tach) is out. The speedo shows 120mph+, even in park, the oil shows 80+psi and the tach doesn't always display correctly/at all.

After looking around on here, it seems to be an issue that:

1) GM would take care of if I had less miles
    2) common
    3) fairly easy to fix, simply replace the entire cluster :gasp:

My question is this, where can you get one for cheapest? Also, is there much more to replacing it than removing the old/replacing with new?

Thanks in advance for any insight.:great:
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The 04' Silverado Dash Cluster's have a Special Coverage Adjustment on them from Chevy.....up to 70,000 Miles.That may be something to look at.If over 70K there are two place's look for repair's E-bay or on this site I think will have Sponsoring [Vendor] that does Repairs.

One other way you could go is to put in a New Escalade dash Cluster,Which will give you a Trans Temp Gauge,again E-bay is the Place to go for them.There is a thread from Today that has Infor on the Escalade Dash cluster.Under [Trans Temp gauge]

My Bad I see that you have checked with G.M. On Repair.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The site vendor mentioned above is www.gmpartsclub.com for chevy parts They have what seems to be decent prices and are good folks to deal with. Good luck!
    chevy Parts
  4. BigRobSA

BigRobSA New Member

Thanks, fellas!

Will look into the 'scalade dash as a possibility, great idea on the trans temp gauge!!!!
  5. BigRobSA

BigRobSA New Member

Ordered an Escalade panel last night on Ebay.

Thanks again for the info and pointers!
  6. BigRobSA

BigRobSA New Member

Okay, the local dealer has my truck and is having issues programming it. It's the Cadillac panel, so it's a different part number than stock. Of course, it fits perfectly in there and all but now I'm having them program it and they can't get the part number to learn with the TechII. NOW, they said, they're going to try and "lie" to it and learn it to the original part number with the new dash.

Any ideas? It's a brand new instrument panel.
  7. BigRobSA

BigRobSA New Member

They just called...got it working, mostly. The gear indicator isn't working, everything else is, though.

WTH!?
  8. Dr Len

Dr Len New Member 100 Posts

These guys are the experts at fixing and reparing Instrument Clusters for all GM
    Give them a call 201-342-3945

Never failed me yet
  9. BigRobSA

BigRobSA New Member

It's a brand new item. Shouldn't need "fixing". Everything is working but the gear indicator. I may call them tomorrow, though, see if they know of anything that might "usually happen". Thanks.
  10. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member 100 Posts

I also have a 2003 Silverado that needs a new Instrument cluster. The dealer quoted me $285.00 for the replacement cluster and $65.00 labor. Should I just go that route or can I save some money somehow.

I followed a couple of links from previous posts in this thread but they were dead ends.

Thanks for any tips or advice.

Happy New Year!

Bert