Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best programmer? Chevy Silverado 1500 6.0 Max

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Judson, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Judson

Judson New Member

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 with the 6.0 max... Wondering what is the best programmer for this motor? I had a superchips cortex on my old titan and loved it but there wasnt as many options for the T as there is for this truck so I'm kind of lost... And anyone with a programmer does it seem to make alot of difference? I know with the T it was my favorite performance mod ecspecially for under $400...
    Thanks,
    Judson

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Judson. Diablo Preditor has more adjustments than the Superchips. Lets you data log, make fine tunes (adjusting the LongTermFuelTrims) makes a big differance. You can get updates and custom tunes by e-mail.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I forgot to ask, is your '07 a Classic body style or the NewBodyStyle? If its a NBS style than Diablo also has the new Trinity for your truck. Check them out at diablosport.com

3. Judson

Judson New Member

Its the newer generation '07.. When you say I can get custom tunes, does that mean I could tune for headers? It's not just 5 quick tunes like my superchips was?

4. Judson

Judson New Member

Also I see the diablo sport predator is half the price of the trinity... Whats the big advantage of the trinity thats worth the extra $300? I mostly just want to get rid of the ghey wot restriction.

5. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

The Diablosports can not tune the TCM in the 07+ vehicles. I was told that the Superchips now can. If you want a full custom tune, I would recommend the EFILive AutoCal.

6. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

there have been updates to the predator tunes, as well as the Trinity tunes, as well as the diablosport CMR tuning software for custom tuning, that will get your tranny shifting performing excellent when you get on it!

the trinity has more features, better logging, and will have even more updates available to it in the future, like the ability to tune more than just one vehicle at a time...

as for custom tuning, you can get custom tunes done from any number of diablosport CMR custom tuners, like myself...

no worries...

7. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Not to instigate anything, but why does it seem that every thread about "what the best programmer is" involves jennabear coming in and basically blasting the Diablo product? Yeah, some may say they are trying to help and I understand trying to inform the uninformed on what a product can and cannot do, but cmon. Obviously hand-held tuners are very popular and will continue to be in the future, so it appears that business isn't doing all that well over at the black bear compound and that maybe they are trying to steer customers away from programmers, mainly DSP. That's the way I see it. On topic though, go with the Diablo if you are cheap like I was or save up a little extra and go for the Trinity, won't be disappointed with either. Even the canned tunes will make a big difference.

8. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

There is a lot of false information on these boards and I am only trying to make sure that all are well informed on such matters- especially when making a purchase for an expensive vehicle. If you look on the Diablo forums, you will see a lot of dissatisfied customers as well as those who feel they were misled. One of the biggest complaints is the fact that there is no07+ TCM support (so no transmission tuning), and no support planned for the Predator- all customers who thought they would get it, now have to purchase a whole programmer.

For instance, it seems as though you may have been misled into believing that the throttle body spacer provided a benefit for your engine. If the company were to tell you outright, that the throttle body spacers only benefit OBS, not your NBS- would you have still bought it? Throttle body spacers (TBS) came about back in the time when wet manifold engines were what was being made. The TBS did indeed help the wet manifolds as they helped to improve atomization of the fuel by changing the flow of air as the fuel was sprayed before the throttle body. The gains are minimal but are still there. The TBS are a waste on the newer engines as the fuel is sprayed after the throttle body. The air is already "spun up" as it goes through the throttle body, so the TBS basically duplicates the effort. The TBS won't hurt your engine however, that being said, some folks wind up having problems with the spacer as it is one more thing to wiggle lose and cause leaks.

That being said, I do believe that I do post in more threads than just the "programmer" threads. I do point out to folks that most programmers do no offer TCM support- as that is the biggest gripe seen on all forums. I do realize that this forum in particular, is not very performance oriented, and therefore not much by way of good information is always passed. This is probably one of the only truck forums that I have seen that still speaks highly of a handheld. I encourage you to check out some of the other forums and see what is being said- as well as some of the 3rd party testing that has been done by customers who bought handhelds. It may seem like I am always the Debbie Downer, but I do speak from real world experience. The only person who overtly tries to sell anything on here is Diablo- do you see any help being offered in any other threads? I was actually asked to stick around these forums to continue giving advise- if you don't like my advice, please feel free to ignore it.

As far as Black Bear not doing so well- that is a rather bold statement. I will offer you this- many of our customers are folks who were jaded by the handheld hype.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Are you now able to alter shift points and torque converter settings for 07+ Diablosport customers?

9. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

just offering alternatives to your blatant attempts to steer people towards BB/efilive as the being the cure-all for everything, which it's not... and as far as any other threads, absolutely - how's another 14 GM car/truck forums by just myself alone, not to mention others, and all the other dodge/chrysler/ford car and truck forums that there are diablo guys on, offering continuous help on a daily basis... where are you guys?? oh yeah, on a couple GM truck forums...

I understand you guys have a very limited market and must protect that limited visibility/income by pushing it whenever/where-ever you can, but give us a frickin break... BB and the newly released AutoCal aren't the end-all / cure-all as you make it out to be every single time, in every single thread/post, like MetalUZC said....

annnnd, this thread is about handheld programmers... not mail-order ecm modules, or overpriced efilive autocal items...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  10. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Personally, I bought my Diablo for the performance gains that the product claims. Whether it is the placebo effect or actual gain in HP/Torque, I am very pleased with my product. Call me narrow sided, but I didn't buy the product "thinking" or "assuming" the handheld could make changes to my tranny because that wasn't my goal. No one should ever buy a product assuming it will perform a certain action, so maybe the other customers you speak of misled themselves. Have you ever looked at dissatisfied customers from the stand point that Diablo has A LOT of customers and that you can't please everyone?

All I was pointing out is that members on this site ask about which programmer they should get or which is the "best" and you get on here pushing your EFILive product while speaking badly of the DSP, never really telling anyone about a good programmer to go with. The best example I can give would be someone standing outside of Denny's telling customers, "don't go in there, they don't have this or that and have high price, instead go to Chili's because they provide better and cheaper food items", and come to find out you own Chili's.

As far as 06MonteSS, he provides a good amount of support on the Diablo site and other venues. He directs potential customers and/or current owners to the Diablo site because their questions have probably already been answered over there.