1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best programmer? Chevy Silverado 1500 6.0 Max

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Judson, Oct 1, 2010.

1. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

EFI Live is the best program that money can buy.
  2. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member 100 Posts

Well diablew aka 06MonteSS, will do a custom tune for your vehicle for a small fee, $105 I believe. You e-mail him a few logs of your vehicle after you install the DSP, and then he adjusts parameters to help unleash even more HP than the DSP can do with the canned tunes. He has quite a few testimonials about his ability to tweak a tune to make your truck into a beast.
  3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

Yeah man... I'll getcha MOVIN'!! ;-)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  4. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member 100 Posts

Both are great products. We are simply comparing apples to oranges here. Diablosport is a phenominal bang for the buck, and will suite most needs. but get into extensive mods like Cams or anything.... and you will need a tune that Diablosport can not support (correct me if I'm wrong). I would be happy to say that JennaBear and 06 Monte are both at the top of their game..... but they play slightly different games.

My opinions come from tuning turbo cars. its the same difference as piggyback tuners and standalone tunes. both do their job, but hardly comparable.
  5. 06MonteSS

k... I'll correct ya...

yes, you can get custom tunes done for the diablo programmer, to support anything... cams, turbos, superchargers, etc etc... a Diablosport CMR custom tuner has diablo's tuning software, which is like efi live / hp tuners - which gives them access to everything in a tune file....

using that software, they can create custom tunes for whatever you need... then the custom tune file gets imported into the diablo programmer, and installed to the vehicle... piece of cake... I know, because I am a diablosport custom tuner with their software, and I do custom tunes for people every day... ;)
  6. jwco5.3

So you can actually change timing enough with a predator to handle turbo and cams? not sarcasm,,, just shocked.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

EDIT: Shocked because I have had many piggyback tuners that simply couldnt do it. They were not diablosport products, however.
  7. 06MonteSS

yes... with the predator handheld itself, you can adjust the WOT timing, from 1000 rpm to 7000 rpm, from -20% to +15%... or if you get a custom tune done for it by a diablosport CMR custom tuner, the timing in the tune file can be changed to whatever you set it to... the diablo CMR tuning software is like hp tuners/efi live...

here's the info about a 7193 predator that would be for your 04 truck... shows you the tunes that come on it, the gains, and a list of all the adjustable items you can do yourself with it....
    http://diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=65

;)
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  8. jwco5.3

Very cool. I plan on purchasing one this spring when the funds are available. Thanks Monte
  9. 06MonteSS

np man, you're welcome... glad I could help... ;)
  10. silverZ71

silverZ71 New Member

Who do you email for the custom tunes?