Best programmer for 2006 1500 5.3 ???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by motoman93117, Aug 14, 2009.

1. motoman93117

motoman93117 New Member

Specs: 2006 silverado 5.3 2wd
    Need advice on the best programmer that will allow the most performance capabilities and also adjust the shift points of the transmission and the rev limiter. I was also reading that you can have someone custom tune a profile on some programmers, that would be a plus as well. Any info on the "best" programmer and any info on where to have the custom tune done would be much appreciated

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you do a search you will find enough reading on programmers and custom tunes to keep you up all night. Also you will find that there's no one best programmer. All have their good and bad points. I would read up on them and then decide which one you like. For all out performance a custom tune seems to be the best choice and if I were going to buy a custom tune I would buy another PCM and have it tuned. That way you can send it in for updates and install the original for dealer work etc.

3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

you can also get a custom tune in a hand held that is what I did and I love it check out wait4meperformance