1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Programmer

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Nate Edwards, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nate Edwards

Nate Edwards New Member

I'm looking to purchase a programmer for my 2011 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 Vortec. I am leaning torwards the Edge Evolution CS. I know a few boys who have them in their Ford's and they love them but have said they eat transmissions which it is a Ford so you never know how much is the programmer and how much is due to it being built by Ford. Is the Edge a good product or is there something better? I don't know much about the computer stuff with the newer vehicles so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have had a JET programmer on my 02 silverado 5.3L 2wd since 2006, Never had an issue and now gets about 25mpg on the freeway doing 70mph
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have the Edge Evolution CS on my 2005 2500HD, I have the 6.0 automatic transmission. I have had it on there for 2 years, even If I don't have the truck tuned I leave it plugged in 24/7 to monitor the drivetrain and It also reads codes while your driving. I can honestly say that on level 4 which is the highest setting, It is drastically different especially the shift points. The only problem I have had with running on level 4 is the egr system, you have to run 93 octane otherwise the engine will ping pretty loudly. Running the higher octane always sets off the egr valva fault for me, then again I have no proof but when I put it back to stock I have no problems.
  4. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

X2 on the Edge CS. I have it in my 07Suburban2500 with the 6.0 I leave it on level 2 and always run with it plugged in. I prefer it then buying a tune. Atleast with the edge, before dealership visits you can return to stock and not worry about losing a tune.
  5. SILVERADO3

SILVERADO3 New Member

Hey all,

Do any of these programers turn off the active fuel management system?
  6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Dont know, my 6.0 doesnt have the active fuel mgmt.
  7. Nate Edwards

Nate Edwards New Member

Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it. Sorry it took so long to return, dang work always gets in the way. I was also looking at the diablo trinity, any suggestions?