1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

best programmers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bubba030303, Apr 21, 2009.

1. bubba030303

bubba030303 Member

what would be the best programmer for a 2005 silverado 2500hd with a 6.0L underneath the hood. i have a hypertech but it is very basic and there had to be something better out there.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The Diablo Preditor lets you fine tune your truck more than the Hypertech or Superchips. There website only shows some of the tuning you can do with it. It has more transmission adjustments, change the engine timing, injector slope etc. I used them all and I like the Diablo the best. You have to play with it . I found on my truck that the long term fuel trims were way to rich so I adjusted them plus I run the 87 octane tune, but added 3 degrees of timing in the 2,000 to 4,000 rpm range with know detonation. You can run your truck with the Diablo in live data mod and see spark knock if you have to much timing. Like I said you can really play with it, of course every trucks differant

3. bubba030303

bubba030303 Member

that sounds like something worth investing in. did you notice your gas milage increase with all the adjustments that you did with it. did you adjust any of the transmission shift points and can you make it shift firmer and can you reprogram the tire size for bigger tires. that diablo sounds really good though. do you have a recomended site to buy it from or would you get it from a store.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Jegs seems to have the best price. I picked up about 1 MPG. I was mostly looking for more performance and drivabilty. I changed my shift quikness, firmness and delayed the 1-2 shift points along with the other mods I posted. Also you can adjust for tire and gear changes. I have 35s and 4.10 gears in my truck. You can also change the part and full throttle shift firmness. It wont turn your truck into a Toyotas MPGs or a 10 second Camaro, but your can make it more fun to drive.

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i agree. i just had my diablo installed, and i love it!

6. bubba030303

bubba030303 Member

thats awesome. im goin to get that. was the installation easy or is it complicated and should i get professionally done?