1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best proven exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by usetaboost, Nov 18, 2011.

1. usetaboost

usetaboost New Member

My exhaust is finally getting to the point where I'm going to have to replace it. It currently has 3 inch true duals with stock cats with 2 aftermarket mufflers (can't remember what brand, they are stainless though). What's the consensus on exhaust now that the 5.3 has been around for a while? is single with a good muffler the way to go or is 2.5 inch dual? I know 3 inch is definitely too big for a stock 5.3
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a corsa system on mine. It sounds ok, not too loud, and does not drone at highway speeds.
  3. davedoc419

davedoc419 New Member

I have corsa as well on my 2010. No drone inside the cab. Well worth the money
  4. McMahan

McMahan New Member

I have magnaflow mufflers on mine with cat delete and absolutly love it
  5. SILVERADO3

SILVERADO3 New Member

From my experience and what i have seen I am huge fan of split 45 degree duals, My problem with straight duals is that if not done correctly or poor product then they will become un even. on My 2010 silverado 1500 5.3l I have the sport dual from MBRP sounds great no drone, and looks great.

I got mine from Little Power shop out of PA. They are pretty good.

Now my Brother has Flowmasters on his 2005 5.3, sounds good but loud too and alot of cab drone.

Hope that helps.good luck
  6. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

I have the MBRP Performance Catback and I love it, nice sound at idle and really opens up when you step on the pedal. Not a bad price either. Angles out behind the rear tires.
  7. usetaboost

usetaboost New Member

I'm not looking for particular brand, more which style than anything. Is there any gain from going from single to dual? Is there anyone running 3inch single with a performance muffler?
  8. RedneckRucker16

RedneckRucker16 New Member

You could go with a 2.5in pipe and a 3in tip. I think a true 3in pipe all the way out is to big for a 5.3 you lose back pressure. ive got a true straight pipe(no cats) that runs to a flowmaster super 44 and it sounds great. It is a little loud on the highway but i dont take the highway that much anyways.