1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best road-tripping setup

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by roadtripster, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member

House batteries? Some of the discussion of batteries is confusing me. Why would you carry a spare in the back? Even if you didn't want to connect it I suppose you could just place it in the tray in the front. I think it is less of a hassle if you can just switch the connections on the fly and motor on if you are stuck.

GMT400, GMT800 and current (GMT900) I believe they all have dual battery trays under the hood.
  2. roadtripster

roadtripster New Member

Hi Kraziken,
    I do plan to put the extra battery under the hood and hook it up.
    There are two battery trays already? Are they both used for batteries to power the stock rig or is that 2nd tray empty for people like me? :)
  3. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member

Tray is just empty. Might as well use the space right? :)

I added a dual battery setup and I'm currently using the Painless wiring digital power manager.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=40120

Although I'm thinking of switching it to the manual switch. I've had my Burb completely drained when the kids leave their headset DVD players plugged in. With the cigarette lighter outlet always powered it drains all the power. I'd like a manual switch so I can completely isolate the second battery.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=40102
  4. ahm1127

ahm1127 Member

Any updates with this, what did you end up doing?