1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best seat covers that are

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Sep 18, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have seen car seat covers from $150 to $1500,

I guess I am looking for seat covers that are neoprene and phosphorescence or reactive to UV light. I have seen some that say "neon yellow, neon green".

But I assume they could be clear also. I really don't want anything that during the day stick out like a sore thumb. But I want them to react to UV LED's.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dog and cat urine is supposedly UV-reactive. I bet you could get some of that on the cheap for use on your seats! While not neoprene, it appears to meet all of your requirements, since you CAN cover your seats with it ... and when it's dry it's clear...

:sign0020:
  3. PantheraUncia

I am sure I would appreciate that as much as you would in your truck:sign0020:
  4. SurrealOne

I figured it'd go well with the 'ghetto lights' you keep talking about. :rofl:

On a serious note if you were after leather I'd say Katzkin, for sure, but you've thrown me for a loop with the neoprene. Wet Okole are the only neoprene ones with which I'm familiar ... and only by virtue of having known someone who had them. I experienced them a whopping once, so I can't speak to their quality. Maybe dig around to see what others have said about them?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. PantheraUncia

True, leather would be nice, but for some reason, I don't think they have a UV reactive dye for leather..... and animal urine will not work for this application.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you decide to try the cat piss let me know I can have my cat piss in a bottle for ya and ship it out.
  7. SurrealOne

LOL! But, umm, getting a cat to go in a bottle is probably about like trying to get a dog to go in a litter box. :)
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nahhhh he's on heavy drugs and half dead, he'll piss if ya talk to loud.
  9. SurrealOne

[MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION]: Poor thing...
    [MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION]: Have you found anything, yet?
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nak I have a set of seat covers from Cover Craft. It fits most of what you are looking for. I am not sure abou the glow in the dark part. You could buy a set of those ship them to [MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION] for his "special" treatment than install. Boom all wants covered!