1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Silverado Programmer?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by PhilsZ7106, May 12, 2008.

1. PhilsZ7106

PhilsZ7106 New Member

Hey guys, Im a newbe to this forum, but not to trucks, I have a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 5.3 H.O, and was cringing at gas prices because I can burn a full tank up in not even a week my computer in the truck is saying AVG. Economy 17.3 MPG but I feel that is crap because I think im actually getting worse. I want to improve my Power as well as my Gas Mileage, What Truck Tunner is the Best for the 5.3 V8 I also just have a Magnaflow cat back! Also input as far as CAI would be great, Anyone have a Tunner? Thanks guys hope to learn alot from this site and meet some of you!
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The only programmer I've had experiance with is Hypertech and it was on a '96 350R. When I get through paying for my next fill up, I may look for one for my '04. Good luck!
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

a lot of guys here are liking the hypertech for their silverados
  4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

MPG in the 17's is actually pretty good for a full-size truck. If you don't trust it, just do the math yourself. But the DIC is normally fairly accurate. Otherwise just do a search for tuners, CAI, exhaust, etc. You'll find lots of info already out there. Basically, YMMV definately applies here. You may see an increase in MPG, a loss, or no change at all. The biggest factor being the driver, or course. :)
  5. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

the Hypertech are good , I found out that you can not do alot og things with a Hypertech....Hp Tuner is the way to go in my book http://www.hptuners.com/