Best Silverado Programmer?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by PhilsZ7106, May 12, 2008.

1. PhilsZ7106

PhilsZ7106 New Member

Hey guys, Im a newbe to this forum, but not to trucks, I have a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 5.3 H.O, and was cringing at gas prices because I can burn a full tank up in not even a week my computer in the truck is saying AVG. Economy 17.3 MPG but I feel that is crap because I think im actually getting worse. I want to improve my Power as well as my Gas Mileage, What Truck Tunner is the Best for the 5.3 V8 I also just have a Magnaflow cat back! Also input as far as CAI would be great, Anyone have a Tunner? Thanks guys hope to learn alot from this site and meet some of you!

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The only programmer I've had experiance with is Hypertech and it was on a '96 350R. When I get through paying for my next fill up, I may look for one for my '04. Good luck!

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

a lot of guys here are liking the hypertech for their silverados

4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

MPG in the 17's is actually pretty good for a full-size truck. If you don't trust it, just do the math yourself. But the DIC is normally fairly accurate. Otherwise just do a search for tuners, CAI, exhaust, etc. You'll find lots of info already out there. Basically, YMMV definately applies here. You may see an increase in MPG, a loss, or no change at all. The biggest factor being the driver, or course. :)

5. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

the Hypertech are good , I found out that you can not do alot og things with a Hypertech....Hp Tuner is the way to go in my book http://www.hptuners.com/