1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best spark plug/Wire combo??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Blakjax98, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

Ok so im looking into changing my plugs and wires. I thought about double platinum AC Delco plugs and MSD wires. Any opinions or comments on my choice??
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

For Plugs You would want.....the A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs.....and the reason is.......the natural properties of iridium, with a melting point of approximately 700 degrees Celsius higher than platinum, help enable the plug to burn fuel more efficiently and to deliver better performance. As a result, the iridium plugs have a minimum service life of 100,000 miles.

For Wires the MSD Wires are as Good as it gets....along with......JBA and Taylor.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  3. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

Ya i was looking into those aswell. Thanks for the info!! =)

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

One other question......should i run them at .40 or .60 gap??
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The Gap on the A/C Delco Iridium Tip Plugs is.....0.40......They will be Gaped right out of the box.....Check the Gap to be sure......But Do Not attempt to Re-Gap them as the Iridium Tip can be easily Damaged.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

X2!!!! i actually damaged one just checking the gap...
  6. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member

ya be careful when checking gap.... just lightly check it. Its easy to screw up the tips and then your 7 dollar spark plug isnt worth much. I have heard nothing but praise out of the AC delcos.....
  7. burhead

burhead New Member

stay away from the NGK iridiums. I bought some last year and I was always told not to gap them. I checked the gap on them and they were huge, like .060 or something like that. I tried them anyway. The truck ran terrible, rough idle. I returned them to advance auto and the guy tried telling be that I had to gap them. Too late they were already out and the stockers are back in. I will be going with the AC delcos when I do it next time.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

MSD's and stock A/C Delco's in my truck.
  9. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

Wow!! thanks for all the great info guys!! Much appreciated. AC Delco Iridium plugs + MSD wires = Happy Truck