Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best Speakers To Replace Stock Speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by MentalMike, May 29, 2010.

1. MentalMike

MentalMike New Member

'I'm looking to replace my stock speakers in my 06 Sliverado HD Crew 2500, but still want to keep the stock console unit.

Two of the existing speakers are blown. I like to crank it at times and love good quality sound, but I don't need a ghetto blaster or it to be all bass. I still wanna remain friends with the neighbors. :gasp:

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Mike

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

i just put a set of Alpines in my crew cab and they totally rock! I put SPS-600 in the front doors and SPG-17C2 in the rears (Crutchfield said the SPS-600 wouldn't fit in the rear door but there is a guy on this site who put the SPS-600 all the way around with a little modification in the rear and he said they work fine). They work really well with my stock head unit and Crutchfield can hook u up with all u need. the 600's were $99 a pair and the 17C2's were $59 a pair. I would recommend them to anyone.

3. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My advice would be to go to some local audio shops and listen to the speakers or go to best buy or a place like walmart.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Any good Aftermarket speaker will want more power then the stock head unit will put out. The stock units put out between 13-22 watts.. Even the Alpine Type S would sound better with about 30 watts going in to it..Places like Wal Mart sell Low end Pioneer and Sony Garbage which will give you a nice ear ring when you turn it up.. NO THANKS..... Infinty is about the same...If you are not going to put in a small amp then Go with the Alpine Type S Or for a better midbass Go with a JL Audio TR's or the Focal Acces.. Turning up the Voulme will only hurt the speakers because of LOW watage.... And it will sound all broken up.. You can get a good 4 ch amp 30-50 x 4 for under $200.00 and have a very nice sound...

Good luck.. And if you want to know more please Pm me... By the way I have been building show trucks & Cars for over 20 years and I worked for Sony Electronics for 15 of those years (Would not touch any of their stuff now).. My trucks have been in many Mags and I have many 1st place's at Major shows up and down the East coast...

5. MentalMike

MentalMike New Member

Thanks for the info all.

A small amp that could boost the four speakers I could do, especially if it's going to give me the quality sound I'm looking for. Do you have any recommendations for the best place to purchase amp and a set of JL speakers?

6. Enkeiavalanche

Sure go to www.jlaudio.com and look for a dealer near you or some of the FEW dealers that are able to sell to you on line and still carry there Warr.... You can't go wrong with JL Audio if installed the right way...

7. MentalMike

MentalMike New Member

Will do.

Big thanks for all the info. :great:

8. ibmoses

ibmoses Rockstar 100 Posts

Im considering the same project, replacement speakers. In my case it will be for a 03 Silverado extended cab.

Is there a write up on how to remove the speaker covers or door panels if they have to come off? So I hopefully dont ruin anything during the speaker swap.

Thanks for any tips or info.

Bert

9. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

when i got my speakers from Crutchfield they sent everything u needed to install them including instructions on how to take the trim off and all hardware. plus great support was just a phone call away. I was more than pleased with them.

10. Enkeiavalanche

:great: Great What speakers did you go with?