1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best spray in liner?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by seanhill1969, Sep 26, 2011.

1. seanhill1969

seanhill1969 New Member

Who has had one for a while and it still looks good?

2. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have had both Rhino and Line X in two different trucks. I love my Line X more than the Rhino, Rhino seemed like it was too tacky. It seemed to be a little more easier to harm. Both of the shines will wear off after a year or so, because of the sun and weather conditions, but you can buy a reconditioner that can bring the shine back. But I haven't had a problem with Line X chipping or wearing weird like the Rhino did.

3. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

You really can't go wrong with Rhino liner or X-liner. I think X-liner is a little bit cheaper. Stay away form DIY liners like Herculiner! It is a waste of time and money. I regret using it for my truck.

4. 80cutbrougham

80cutbrougham New Member

I have rhino in my truck for a little over a year, i beat the living snot out of it..its never chipped. I had it installed over the bed rails so it wraps to the side of the truck a little. i have a tonnou cover and you can see the line from the cover because the area thats still exposed has faded(ive heard it happens to them all but i havent tried the conditioner for it) There are a few different types of rhino if im not mistaken and i didnt go with the top choice i think i have the 2nd one from the top. i couldnt be happier.

hope that helps
    -Alec

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've had Rhino and now have Line-X and I love the Line-X. Its been in my truck since January '05 and it still looks good. I put rocks/boulders, chainsaws, tools,etc.. and its hanging in there. You can kinda see it in one of my photo albums. My Rhino tore and split.

6. jdennis44

jdennis44 Rockstar 100 Posts

Rhino is weak and soft! i have had Line-X in 4 different trucks! Line-X is the way to go and now they have a new Line-X xtreme that has a much better shine and it takes much longer for it to fade out. It will eventually but everything does eventually! Go with Line-X!!!

7. seanhill1969

seanhill1969 New Member

Thanks for the replies I have had both in the past but it's been a few years and I didn't keep either trucks for more than a year.

8. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

big fan of line-x, fades quick but never softens up!

9. mohamie

mohamie New Member

Love my line-x. If you want to keep the shine get the extra addon for shine. Mine has not faded. It does depend on the installer on how well it turns out.

10. southern_x

southern_x New Member

Line X FTW plus it stays nice and shiny like the day it was sprayed!