Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Best tuner?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Trask215, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anybody know what tuner is best for a '01 chevy 1500 with a 5.3L? It has a 6 inch lift on 35's. I'd like it to know from somebody who has used them. On my old dodge I used a supercips tuner that worked fairly good. Just got into chevys. Thanks

2. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

3. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 Rockstar 100 Posts

A hypertech power programmer III is a pretty good tuner. change to 93 octane, top speed 128, rev limiter, firm shift, change shift points, tire size, and gears if you change them. I won't know until this week when I get my truck dyno'd to see how the air fuel ratio is and what kinda output it's giving. It does help though. I am talking with bryan at pcmforless.com. He says he can kick the programmer's ass when it comes to power. I believe he said 40 ft/lbs of torque over the programmer. He didn't say hp though.

4. craigc90

craigc90 New Member

ya i have the hypertech max in my 02 4.8 and it really opened t up ypu can change all you need like tire size, rear end, shift points, firmness, dtc's. i heard the diablo sport was good so i tried it out too. wayy confusing and didnt have as much sack as the hypertech so i returned it.

5. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok, thanks for the help. Sounds like I will prolly go with hypertech. I'm glad to hear your opinions on it.

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check em all out before deciding. Most sites should provide dyno info as well as customer satisfation ratings. As mentioined before, Bullydog and Quadzilla Power have top of the line programmers with all the features of the others. Make a list and compare.