Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best u-bolts?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ATCFLYBOY02, May 13, 2013.

1. ATCFLYBOY02

ATCFLYBOY02 New Member

I just picked up an '86 K10 & the u-bolts are all jacked up. One of them is stripped & has been "fixed" by using double nuts. I want to know what the best u-bolts on the market are please.

Nick
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I broke 2 of mine taking them off to install my traction bars. I just went to a local spring shop with the old broken bolts in hand. They made me new u bolts in under 10 minutes and it cost me around $14 total. Mine were longer than stock because of the rear lift blocks. I beat the crap out of that truck for years after that and never had an issue.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Find a local spring shop and have them manufacture a set to your trucks measurements.
    This way you can get correct length so they dont hang down to far and if need be they can use a thicker material if your running a high horsepower engine.
  4. ATCFLYBOY02

ATCFLYBOY02 New Member

Ok, that's what I was thinking. Now, to find a spring shop around here!
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor