best wax for high shine???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 1993silverado4x4, Jan 27, 2008.

1. 1993silverado4x4

1993silverado4x4 New Member

hey guys i was wondering what you guys suggest for the best product to give a nice glossy shine to my silverado...also what is the best tire shine--that wont damage tires??
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

Turtle wax Ice is some pretty great stuff!
    I'm sure Jaymack will tell you what works good for a "Show quilty shine".
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

I second the Turtle wax ice. The only issue I had is it didnt seem to last as long as other products, but it gave a better shine.
    Eagle One had a good tire product out, I dont remember the name tho.
  4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member

I use the Meguiar's Deep Crystal system, and Quik Detailer for in between waxings, it works well,and gives me a very nice shine
  5. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Well Darcy can call 'em... Its really all about personal preference and I have found that Meguiars has a really good arsenal of products. I use Meguiars quick detailer ultimate every time I go to a show and I stand by it for everything! I did half my hood with meguiars quick detailer and the other half with meguiars quick detailer ultimate and the difference was more than obvious.
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

:lol:I just live out in a rural area in Washington State and during the winter months my waxing consists of the local carwash so I knew this was a question that needed to be answered by a guru of shine!:great:
  7. PontiAddict

PontiAddict New Member

Meguiars Gold Class.

Yields Results such as these.

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Intl - 155k - 15 year old paint at the time
    [​IMG]

1989 Pontiac Bonneville LE - 152k - 18 year old paint at the time
    [​IMG]

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE - 98k - 15 year old paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revives old paint, beautifies new paint. Best stuff I've ever used.

Sorry, no good pics of the truck, no good camera right now.
  8. crane3447

crane3447 New Member

I was par of a wedding a while back and had to use my baby to carry around some of the bride's maids:glasses:. I used eagle 1 band and found it was easy to use and lasted a long time.
  9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

hey guys this thread hits the nail right on the head i was thinking of suggestions for my own truck !

thanks for starting the thread 1993silverado4x4 :)
  10. Duramax04

Duramax04 New Member

As far as tire shine, i use Cover All from O`Reilly`s you can get it in a spray can but i buy it by the gallon for around $21.00 and then just dump some in a spray bottle,Also works great on other plastic trim parts such as bumper covers.I have used it on my dash and door panels with no problems.:happy:
  11. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

I have been using Meguirs NXT Tech Wax for a year or two and i love it....i have a lot of surface scratches in my truck and it gets them right out and makes my paint look phenomenol... its like night and day when its waxed and when it is not..... I always get comments on my truck when it is waxed just cuz it makes it look that much better.... it comes in a purple bottle for about 15 bucks....i have used probably every kind of tire shine out there also... the best one i have found was Meguirs Hot Shine Tire Spray it comes in a black aerosol can for about 5 bucks... it lasts long and has a really shiny great looking shine.... also to clean your tires first use 'Wesleys Bleche White' it cleans them real well... but be careful DO NOT use it on aluminum rims it leaves streaking on them
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  12. Doug C.

Doug C. New Member

If you keep putting wax on top of wax all you,ll end up with is a dull shine. About once a year you have to strip all the old wax off with a good wax&grease remover (PREP-SOL). Then polish, polish gives you the best shine because it works the paint, it gets rid of impurities and scratches and cleans the surface, wax is only intended to protect the shine you get from polishing.
  13. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 New Member

I would recommend pretty much any Meguiar's products. They all have worked great for me. I have been using the NXT 2.0 this winter and it works great. However, I think when summer comes around I will be using zymol more.

[​IMG]

For this picture, I washed and dried. Used Meg's #7, then followed up with Meg's NXT 2.0.
  14. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

Hmm im gonna try that the next time I wax.. so how do u use the prep-sol to strip the wax off your truck? and is it safe for clear-coats??
  15. SoonerSilverado11

You could also consider just using a dawn dish soap solution to strip the wax. Harmless and costs next to nothing. Just a suggestion to consider.
  16. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

cool cool... so how do u do it?
  17. SoonerSilverado11

Well, you basically just perform your usual car wash. Grab a bucket(2 if you use the 2 bucket method) put a little dawn in the soap bucket. Fill it with water. Then just make sure all the soap is in solution and wash you're car. That should strip the wax and you'll be good to wax again!
  18. Doug C.

Doug C. New Member

Prep-sol is a clear liquid usedby body shops to clean before paint work and to final clean right before painting . It,s safe for clear coats . You can put it in a plastic spray bottle or just pour some on a rag wipe one panel (do the hood as 2 panels) at a time and wipe off with a second rag till dry . If you run across any tar or stubborn areas just repeat in that area til clean . I buy this stuff by the gallon you,ll find so many uses for it around the house let alone the garage . All paint companies make their own wax & grease remover , Prep-sol is just one name brand that I've used since 1973 .
  19. sam5828

sam5828 New Member

well i have been using meguirs products for years untill i found this stuff http://www.collinite.com/ i use the #845 lasts a very long time probably could go a year but i like to do it every 3 months or so. and use meguiars quick detail between
  20. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

cool thanks guys!!!