1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

best wax for high shine???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 1993silverado4x4, Jan 27, 2008.

1. 1993silverado4x4

1993silverado4x4 New Member

hey guys i was wondering what you guys suggest for the best product to give a nice glossy shine to my silverado...also what is the best tire shine--that wont damage tires??
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Turtle wax Ice is some pretty great stuff!
    I'm sure Jaymack will tell you what works good for a "Show quilty shine".
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I second the Turtle wax ice. The only issue I had is it didnt seem to last as long as other products, but it gave a better shine.
    Eagle One had a good tire product out, I dont remember the name tho.
  4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I use the Meguiar's Deep Crystal system, and Quik Detailer for in between waxings, it works well,and gives me a very nice shine
  5. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Well Darcy can call 'em... Its really all about personal preference and I have found that Meguiars has a really good arsenal of products. I use Meguiars quick detailer ultimate every time I go to a show and I stand by it for everything! I did half my hood with meguiars quick detailer and the other half with meguiars quick detailer ultimate and the difference was more than obvious.
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:lol:I just live out in a rural area in Washington State and during the winter months my waxing consists of the local carwash so I knew this was a question that needed to be answered by a guru of shine!:great:
  7. PontiAddict

PontiAddict Rockstar

Meguiars Gold Class.

Yields Results such as these.

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Intl - 155k - 15 year old paint at the time
    [​IMG]

1989 Pontiac Bonneville LE - 152k - 18 year old paint at the time
    [​IMG]

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE - 98k - 15 year old paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revives old paint, beautifies new paint. Best stuff I've ever used.

Sorry, no good pics of the truck, no good camera right now.
  8. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was par of a wedding a while back and had to use my baby to carry around some of the bride's maids:glasses:. I used eagle 1 band and found it was easy to use and lasted a long time.
  9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guys this thread hits the nail right on the head i was thinking of suggestions for my own truck !

thanks for starting the thread 1993silverado4x4 :)
  10. Duramax04

Duramax04 Rockstar

As far as tire shine, i use Cover All from O`Reilly`s you can get it in a spray can but i buy it by the gallon for around $21.00 and then just dump some in a spray bottle,Also works great on other plastic trim parts such as bumper covers.I have used it on my dash and door panels with no problems.:happy: