best wax for high shine???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 1993silverado4x4, Jan 27, 2008.

1. 1993silverado4x4

1993silverado4x4 New Member

hey guys i was wondering what you guys suggest for the best product to give a nice glossy shine to my silverado...also what is the best tire shine--that wont damage tires??

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Turtle wax Ice is some pretty great stuff!
    I'm sure Jaymack will tell you what works good for a "Show quilty shine".

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I second the Turtle wax ice. The only issue I had is it didnt seem to last as long as other products, but it gave a better shine.
    Eagle One had a good tire product out, I dont remember the name tho.

4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I use the Meguiar's Deep Crystal system, and Quik Detailer for in between waxings, it works well,and gives me a very nice shine

5. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Well Darcy can call 'em... Its really all about personal preference and I have found that Meguiars has a really good arsenal of products. I use Meguiars quick detailer ultimate every time I go to a show and I stand by it for everything! I did half my hood with meguiars quick detailer and the other half with meguiars quick detailer ultimate and the difference was more than obvious.

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:lol:I just live out in a rural area in Washington State and during the winter months my waxing consists of the local carwash so I knew this was a question that needed to be answered by a guru of shine!:great:

7. PontiAddict

PontiAddict Rockstar

Meguiars Gold Class.

Yields Results such as these.

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Intl - 155k - 15 year old paint at the time
    [​IMG]

1989 Pontiac Bonneville LE - 152k - 18 year old paint at the time
    [​IMG]

1993 Pontiac Bonneville SE - 98k - 15 year old paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Revives old paint, beautifies new paint. Best stuff I've ever used.

Sorry, no good pics of the truck, no good camera right now.

8. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was par of a wedding a while back and had to use my baby to carry around some of the bride's maids:glasses:. I used eagle 1 band and found it was easy to use and lasted a long time.

9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey guys this thread hits the nail right on the head i was thinking of suggestions for my own truck !

thanks for starting the thread 1993silverado4x4 :)

10. Duramax04

Duramax04 Rockstar

As far as tire shine, i use Cover All from O`Reilly`s you can get it in a spray can but i buy it by the gallon for around $21.00 and then just dump some in a spray bottle,Also works great on other plastic trim parts such as bumper covers.I have used it on my dash and door panels with no problems.:happy: