Best year for a suburban

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kenwc21, Feb 15, 2012.

1. kenwc21

kenwc21 New Member

Hello folks, newbe here, looking to buy a suburban, again, had one of the original diesels. Towing a 18ft boat twice a year. Any suggestions would be appreicated, yr 1996-2002.

Thanks, Ken

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm a truck guy so I can't answer your question, but someone in the forums dedicated to Burbs might be able to do so. And welcome! :great:

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and Hopefully one of our members can give you an answer on your question!!!

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! There isn't that much difference in those model years, as far as I know. That being said, I'd go for the newest one that fits your needs. Good luck!

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

In that year range the newest one with the best price for condition, not many changes or upgrades between those years.
    Welcome aboard

7. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the Club.
    I have a 99 (below) and my wife's is a 02 C2500 6L. They both pull our travel trailer just fine; her's is fancier inside and does a little better on hills. They're both daily drivers, and mine gets better mileage with fewer repairs.

If you only use it twice a year, then I'm with everyone else on finding the best body/history for the least amount of money. You can't beat a 350 for... well, for anything, but the 6L does have a bit more power and the tow/haul option.

What year is the diesel?

Good luck,

8. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hiya, Welcome to the club man!

9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I liked my 86 as it still had a 4bbl and it got better mileage than my 2010 Silverado

10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

All I know is that I didn't know they still made suburbans until I saw a newer model sitting in the parking lot at work. It was black too, what a beast...I loved it. still shorter than my truck though cause the burb fit in the parking space.
    Welcome!!