1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best Zombie Vehicle? What would you drive in a zombie Apocalypse? The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ryounger

ryounger New Member

What are we really preparing for.....

This is too true. If we lose sight of the reality (and start believing that we're really preparing for zombies) then we'll STILL remain unprepared for the real emergencies which REALLY WILL happen. Whether it's an earthquake, snowstorm, hurricane, cyberattack (or kinetic attack) on critical infrastructure; other terrorist attack (though Mother Nature has consistently topped anything a terrorist might even dream of); meltdown of a local nuclear power plant; or 'merely' a multi-day/week power outage caused by any number of things. These are the things we need to prepare for. Keeping vehicle gas tanks full (a lesson that NEVER seems to get learned); a few days of edible food and drinkable water on hand; a generator (that doesn't have multi-year-old gas in it); maybe some iodine tablets if you live near said nuclear power plant; some water purification capability; some lighting (propane lantern w/multiple propane bottles); some firewood; flashlights; batteries; maybe a propane stove or other way to cook; and most importantly, coffee and some way to make espresso.

- - - Updated - - -

To the point of the original question: I can't think of a better vehicle to weather any storm in than a 4x4 2500 Suburban with the biggest honkin' engine that'll fit and some moderately aggressive M&S tires. If you had a medium sized Airstream trailer to go along with it that would be even better.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, not to be rude but of youall want a survival thread that's sans zombies, start your own thread and entitle it something without zombies.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i do like your earlier idea steve, a big honking thing for hauling, and something small and fuel efficient for scouting around, and on that note, my second vehicle would be a old Scout. those things are tough, 4 wheel drive, and do semi decent off road totally stock.

Alex
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm perfectly content with an actual zombie thread. But that also means all the other unreal stuff is fair game, too, as it makes no sense to be worried about fuel in a zombie scenario ... since gas that doesn't go bad is just as real as zombies!
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You're no fun. Where do you get off bringing logic into my zombie vehicle thread??

- - - Updated - - -

My dad had a 65 scout with the full removable top that he put a 350 in when i was a kid, great vehicle.
  6. SurrealOne

Grumpy!

You know what the best zombie-vehicle probably is? A massive private yacht.

Face it, you could live in luxury on that thing, store enough weapons/ammunition/rations to take over a small, coastal EU nation, feed yourself with fish, migrate to where it's warm so you don't have exposure hazards, move out of the way of storms, provide fresh water via solar desalination and catch basins, (there's enough surface area for it) ... and shambling zombies can't walk on water or drive boats and track people.

yacht-mayan-queen.jpg
  7. BigEarn86

BigEarn86 New Member

Barter Town

Oh yes... I think we are on the right track with the yacht but again fuel being an issue, let's step it up a notch...
    [​IMG]

And we sell / trade the power for food and supplies!
  8. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

we actually had a deep analysis on this recently lol
    if we were going to do a land based GTFO senario for a large scale disaster we would:
    get dry ice for the fridge, fill all the bathtubs with fresh water, and wait till roads were just about empty.
    then, avoiding major cities we would head for the rim of the grand canyon and basically camp and hunt and do the whole wolvereins/red dawn thing. river in winter, rim in summer.
    SEA based would be almost the same, but we would stick close to shore so we could use the harbors for shelter and attempt to make shore landings for fresh water. of course then your completelydepending on your vehicle god forbid you run a ground, loose an anchor, or loose a sale.... so youd be confined on the boat a LOT anchored a LOT to help preserve it... and unless you have capable saling friends chances are the boat would be pretty small.
    a big gas guzzle yaht wouldnt work... gas sours... you need to assume youll be on your own for a year
  9. SurrealOne

It'd work fine in the context of this thread ... because gas that never goes bad is just as real as zombies.
  10. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

lol yeah
    more real would be like, government meltdown. no phones,no power, no grocery stores, no gas, and no emergency services. so youd be shooting looters, not zombies
    but even "katrina" wasnt THAT bad... in most areas... i did see some footage of it...
    still pretty unlikely though