Better Fog Light bulbs?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sundancer2004, Dec 13, 2009.

1. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

On and 08 Chev silverado, are there more powerful fog light bulbs available. Thanks Steve

2. shakin

shakin New Member

Im pretty sure that Silverstars are brighter. They were way brighter on my 03!

3. CS-10 86

CS-10 86 Member

Silverstars are brighter but unfortunately they do not make lights bulbs for the new Silverado Fog Lights, which are a 5202 light bulb. Putco offers lights bulbs for the fog lights of the NNBS. I owned a pair and I was satisified with the light output, until a bulb burnt out. Not sure if it was installer error or a poor bulb.
    Currently I have HIDs in my fog lights. Price and output are significantly different, but well worth it.
    I do believe www.summitracing.com and www.stylintrucks.com stock the putco light bulbs.

Good luck.

4. dustin_742

dustin_742 New Member

yes

yes there are silverstar ultras that im sure are brighter.. i work at an auto parts stor =)

5. shakin

shakin New Member

They dont offer that bulb number in a silverstar yet. When I put the silverstars in one of my vehicles a few years ago, they didnt offer them in my part number either. I just bought a bulb with the same wattage, and same plug end. TAKE NOTE, im not saying this will work for everyone, but it did for me.