1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Betty Got sick!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Drake_korthos, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well my poor truck needed a sizable repair. Looks like my throttle body actuator assembly failed and needed to be replaced. Turns out one of the sensors in the unit had stopped workin, which caused me no end of troubles the last couple of weeks! Every time Betty acted up, it was on the freeway! First the Traction control system would conk out, and then the truck would jump into reduced power mode...on the highway. It was actually my custom tune that was showing me I was gonna have an issue! Due to the more refined parameters, the truck would act up sooner than if I had the stock programming in place. At first we thought the computer settings were wonky due to the tuning, but when Betty started puttering in stock mode I knew something else was up. $655 later my problems were resolved, but a years worth of fine tuning for my custom program went out the window! Starting from scratch again with Lew, and hopefully can have the truck back to "normal" sooner than a year!