GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Betty White :: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by Jimmeh, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Betty White :: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (2012-09-27 20:41:00)
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

And just a couple of my favorites that I probably have posted here before, but will post again:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Soon to come before road trip:

Rear bumper build (swing out tire carrier being the main attraction)
    Power windows/door locks and window tint
    Leather seat covers
    Sleeping platform (rebuilding, stay tuned!)
    Yakima Q-Towers and basket for the cab

Long in the future mods planned:

Front winch bumper (can't decide if I want to do tube or plate)
    Suspension lift (really only want another couple of inches so I can fit 35's)
    Rear locker
    On board air
    Dual battery set up
    Air horns
    Double din head unit
    Subs

WAY down the road:

6.0 and a 6 speed swap.
    Maybe a SAS, though I haven't really thought of that.

As you can see, my way down the road list is just random stuff that I may do here and there. Otherwise, I don't want a ton more done to the truck. 1,000,000 more miles would be great!
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Added a new head unit which I pictured above, but I'll throw it down here too:

[​IMG]

I am going to continue to use this thread specifically as a build log. Anything I add or change, I will update as I go and all that jazz. It's a lot simpler than creating a ton of different threads, and I'm sure the mods will be happy to see one thread for all my picture pimping ;)
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Nice looking truck. Rick Astley is questionable, but hey, to each his own :lol:
  5. Rekrek

Rekrek New Member

LOL, Anyone who has seen that picture, just got Rick' Rolled! LOL, Nice, Jimmeh. OBTW, very nice truck and excellent pictures!
  6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Yes! Rick Rollin' by truck mod!
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

For a while I was getting scam emails from posts of things I had for sale on craigslist. I would respond with a email saying that I had put all the info that they wanted on a webpage and provided a link. The link was a rick roll. Every time you clicked to close the window a dialog box would pop up and move around with the words to the song. It took like 15 clicks to get it to stop. Those guys stopped emailing me!
  8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Nothing much has changed lately. Put the tow mirrors back on and added some newer window vents. Hoping to start a basket build next week some time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also put in some new Silverstar Ultra bulbs. HUGE improvement!
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

lookign good dude! i like it better with the tow mirrors. how do you like those? been thinking about getting some for my truck.

Alex
  10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I like them alot, although I can't stand them night driving. It's like a giant light shining straight in the eyeballs when somebody is behind me. Almost like it's their reflection or something ;)
  11. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Hey all! Long time, no post!

First things first, sorry about a bunch of links being broken. Moved my pictures in my Photobucket, and forgot about this site! I'll fix them soon!

Secondly, newest pictures of the beast!

002.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg

First things first, you'll notice she's sitting level again. I live 3 miles from work now, so I don't drive the truck much which means I am not too worried about going through 3 sets of ball joints in a year. Next you'll notice the toppers gone. Ended up having to do some traveling for some family matters, which put me in a bit of a hole so I sold it for some quick cash. Made a profit off of it, even after I figure in adding the load bars and the materials for building the stand that I used to put it on when I had it off the truck. I'm going to miss it, as it was great this season for camping, but I have new plans for the future that require an open bed.

You'll also notice in the last picture my newest addition to my fleet. I bought it in November last year. 2012 Polaris 500. Great machine that has taken me places ;). It's also been my gas saver and commuter rig on the warmer days.

001.jpg 005.jpg 011.jpg 013.jpg 015.jpg 017.jpg

It's been so much fun! Hence the change in long term plans. Still plan on doing the majority of the mods, minus the bed in the bed. Going to make the truck a tow pig, though. Looking at adding a toy hauler next year to the fleet (only a 16-18 footer, nothing huge), but have to finish paying off my boat and four wheeler first!

Other than the truck and wheeler, life has still been pretty good. Still working too much, and still playing hard (maybe a little harder now). Doing some trips more than I did last year has helped me keep my sanity.

Anyway, I'll try to frequent more often. I noticed I had some messages from some of you guys, so give me a minute to reply back. Hope all is well with the rest of you!

Here's some vids from four wheeling. Sorry about the languages....another thing I have been trying to work on is my potty mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0sg7qmkoRw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iInwQwGSVJM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGESUt9nWo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BspJ6VwLzpU