1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

beware of potholes

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by KyleZ71, Mar 11, 2013.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Just happened to be checking my facebook page in between classes, and came across this article in one of my friend's status's. So for all you way up north, you have been warned:lol:

http://montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?839849

[​IMG]
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Woops. Sounds like safer exit speeds and more attention to the road were in order...
  3. KyleZ71

indeed, but that is one hell of a pot hole. I wouldn't even like that in the truck, none the less a car
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I avoid them at all costs because my shocks are nearing their death and when I hit one the truck takes the force instead of the shock causing the truck to jolt and veer from where I'm steering.

That one looks like hell and avoiding it would be impossible with out going off the road.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sure, but I still lay that squarely on driver error. In his post he says he was doing 90 -- which is presumably km/h. That's loosely translated to 56mph. That pothole is huge ... meaning visible from a good ways out ... yet he exited at highway speed (instead of slowing to ramp speed) onto an exit ramp ... and didn't further slow down to avoid (or slowly traverse) a pothole the size of Rhode Island.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I hit some phantom pot hole the other on my way out to run some errands. It was the hardest jar I have ever felt when hitting a pot hole. I stopped a few hundred yards down the road to make sure my tire/wheel were OK. It's been a couple of weeks and my tire still holds air and has no impact bubbles so I think it's all good. Odd thing was, when I was done with my errands, I drove back past the spot where the pot hole should have been and could not find anything out of the ordinary...
  8. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

I wouldn't go down that road with my truck, it's wet which means my truck would get dirty :rofl:
  9. KyleZ71

yeah I feel ya there