1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Beware: Third Seat Thieves

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Marcus A., Nov 17, 2012.

1. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

Talked to a police officer, evidently third seats are the hot ticket for quick money. They are one of the 1st things to wear out in a SUV. Take them out, put them back in. Wears them out and they cost a pile of money to replace. Not anymore, you can buy them cheap now. Thieves found a market for them and people in my area are getting theirs stolen. I keep an eye out now and my Suburban locked. I try to not have the seat in if I can help it.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It was in the news last week.. A new seat can cost up to $2000 - 3500 While a used one 500-1500...

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

People just need to hook their third row seats up to a 120v outlet that thieves are prone to missing ... so that it discharges when touched by the would-be thieves.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've got some ARMED Guards for my 3rd seat..... IMG_1628resize.jpg :gasp:

5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Don't think I can afford an alarm system like that! Pretty though!