Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

BFGoodrich K/O All terrains??horrible offroad traction?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Silverado1500, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

have a 1500 silverado and im running 305/70/16 BFGoodrich all terrains which have decent tread left and they are horrible off road. i always get stuck in 2wd and i always have to use 4wd while the fords i ride with are creepin in 2wd....i heard these tires are pretty good, so what is the problem here? and in the snow, i can barley drive anywhere in 2wd while all of my buddies go through it like no problem and they have all terrains too

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had those same tires on my 1994 and experienced the exact same problems. Couldn't go anywhere in two wheel drive

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had them on my '01 Tahoe and on my '07 Silverado Z-71 classic and I was a fool for buying them the second time. When I had them I lived at the beach and they were a joke on sand and they were mediocre at best in the mud. I think they are one of the most over rated tires out there. Just my $0.02

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

they dont clean out well so not very good in snow and mud. better suited as street and dry offroad (dirt trails etc)

5. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the 285/75R16E that came with my current truck and the one time I was in mud I had to almost immediately put the truck in 4wd. Unil now I thought it was because the diesel had so much more torque than my Z71, but now it seems like it's just the tires.

I definately don't plan on being a set when these wear out.

6. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

any opinions on a better set of all terrain tires? ones that would look pretty good on a 16" wheel prob 33 inch tire? i want them to make my truck look good too, so performance and looks

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the Goodyear DuraTrac's and I love the way they look and they are a "functional" all terrain tire. They are worth checking out.

[​IMG]

8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I had them on my jeep and drove that vehicle in snow daily @ tahoe to go skiing for 10+ years. I got 70K out of them. I just put them on my new 2010 AWD Savana. I drive off road every week when I go flyfishing and hunting. They work great in all conditions. I love them.

9. Z-71

Z-71 Rockstar 100 Posts

X-2 I have riddin in a 2000 V-8 dakota in a blizzerd in 2 wheel drive and they where awesome.I also have ridden in a 2000ish F-150 that had them and in the winter and summer on/off road they where great.

10. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I moved up to Tahoe to ski every day. I lived @ Tahoe Donner which gets hammered with snow. I had 20 feet piled around my house every winter. The plow would leave a 3-4 foot berm in front of my drive way constantly and I had to blast through it. The 94 jeep grand cherokee (AWD) with the BFG's blasted through it with no problems. I was a powder skier so I would leave the house in blizzards every morning we got hit with storms to get to Alpine Meadows to get first tracks. They never failed me. I never slipped or slid in 10+years EVER!

They are also a great sand tire, I hope folks know they have to air down ANY tire to 12 pounds on BEACH sand. The NJ Beach Buggy Association guys use them/recommend them and striper fisherman driving on east coast beaches have no problems with them in the softest sand there is, sugar sand. I use them out west here around Pyramid lake which has lots of sand and they work great for me. I run them at full street pressure with no problems because the sand is pretty coarse and gravely. Love em.

The BFG AT KO's have won more off road racing events than any other tire every manufactured.

They just grip and pull great in all conditions for me on my vehicles. I'll never buy anything else. Also on my new 2010 GMC Savana the tires are so nice and smooth on the highway and handle great. Love em Love em Love em.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010