1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Big block S10

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Cableguy, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I shoe horned a small block into a little S10 Blazer in the 90's. I thought that was a struggle. Now getting 454's power down to the wheels. Thats sic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPI0aAXI6KY
  2. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I just saw a guy's 84 S10, and he put a 396 down into it, looks very nicely done, and it still had the stock 2.8 V6 front springs in it, and it still maintained the stock ride height
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Huh, how's that possible. Wonder how it handles turns. ;-)
  4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I've seen this truck driving around, looks like any ordinary S10

gives Me an evil idea......... I'm picturing My 550 hp 430 Buick sitting in an S10 hmmmmmmmm;)
  5. You can fit a ram jet 502 under the hood. You just have to modify your fire wall a little. Also you have to build your own cowl induction hood as the ones that are offered are to short. Mine is sporting a 400, a 3" drop front, and custom 4 link rear. To keep it from bottoming out I air bagged it. Curry 9" with the 4:11 gears, 4 disc brakes, Th-400 trans with Corvette servos and full manual control, hurst Z gate shifter, racing seats, 4 point harnesses, custom roll cage, 6" chopped top, custom dash, and completely tinted out windows. I love it. I would like to drive it more but the old lady yells every time I fire it up. No mufflers or cats. Straight out the side behind the cab through the bed 3". Like to piss off the neighborhood.