BIG BOAT little jeep - You have to watch this video (Video)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChevyFan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, this is probably reasonably safe for 1/4 mile from storage to the boat ramp, but I wouldn't want to be in a vehicle that's moving down a slippery boat ramp with that big boat behind me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyDmIsQSow

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use my Jeep to move my much smaller boat around the yard but I would never even think about attempting to use it to drag the boat to the lake let alone launch with it.
    I wont even say that takes balls just blissfull stupidity. I wonder how the rig did on the road in the video you csn hear a good amount of wind noise.

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Maybe he has 4:56 gears and 500lbs of lead in the rear seat to keep the jeep from floating away.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is crazy! Our 19.5ft boat with a cuddy cabin weighs around 3,500 lbs dry. That thing will pull my Yukon xl towards the shoulder of the road pretty good if I catch the shoulder with the trailer. I could not imagine what would happen with that jeep

5. ChevyFan

Notice the wheel spin when starting to come up out of the water? For about 1/10th of a second, I thought he was going to lose the whole thing in the drink.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That Boat has got to be between 6000 and 8000 LBS.. The Jeep about 3800 Are they CRAZY!!!

7. RadoRage

RadoRage Rockstar

Yeah, I held my breath when I saw the front wheels starting to slip.

8. ChevyFan

Anyone else have an opinion on this?