Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BIG BOAT little jeep - You have to watch this video (Video)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChevyFan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, this is probably reasonably safe for 1/4 mile from storage to the boat ramp, but I wouldn't want to be in a vehicle that's moving down a slippery boat ramp with that big boat behind me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyDmIsQSow
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use my Jeep to move my much smaller boat around the yard but I would never even think about attempting to use it to drag the boat to the lake let alone launch with it.
    I wont even say that takes balls just blissfull stupidity. I wonder how the rig did on the road in the video you csn hear a good amount of wind noise.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Maybe he has 4:56 gears and 500lbs of lead in the rear seat to keep the jeep from floating away.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is crazy! Our 19.5ft boat with a cuddy cabin weighs around 3,500 lbs dry. That thing will pull my Yukon xl towards the shoulder of the road pretty good if I catch the shoulder with the trailer. I could not imagine what would happen with that jeep
  5. ChevyFan

Notice the wheel spin when starting to come up out of the water? For about 1/10th of a second, I thought he was going to lose the whole thing in the drink.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That Boat has got to be between 6000 and 8000 LBS.. The Jeep about 3800 Are they CRAZY!!!
  7. RadoRage

RadoRage Rockstar

Yeah, I held my breath when I saw the front wheels starting to slip.
  8. ChevyFan

Anyone else have an opinion on this?