Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

big brake kits

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by flatsstalker1, Jun 30, 2009.

1. flatsstalker1

flatsstalker1 Member

any suggestions on a big break kit for a 07nbs sierra??

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

For big brakes are you talking about upgrading to like 6 piston calipers, with a 15" rotor from BAER or WILWOOD or BREMBO? What kind of horsepower are you running right now, if you are just stock then you don't need a $5,000 set of brakes. If you are going with dual STS turbos or a supercharger then yes I would go with the "quick change" WILWOOD setup, It is similar to having a quick change rear end.

3. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

exactly dont toss the money in the hole if you dont need it only reason i have larger brakes is becuase ive got alot of of engine work in mine and didnt really need it till i broke the high 300 horses line and i drive mine on the street alot

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dont waste the money, get some steel braided brake lines and just upgrade the pads and rotors on stock clipers.

5. MYMIXEDUPMIND

MYMIXEDUPMIND New Member

Contact SSBC Stainless Steel brakes Corp. in New York, they have many options for stopping a truck better I just ordered a 14" rotor upgrade kit that uses the stock calipers so you don't even have to bleed the brakes...my 2004 Denali is fast, but doesn't stop worth a sh*t!