1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

big tires on stock setup

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by squigmang, Mar 16, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. squigmang

squigmang New Member

Hey there!
    I'm about to buy a 2008 Chev Silverado LT and was wondering the largest tire that can fit without rubbing. I dont plan to do a lift right away but deffinatley cannot stand stock tires. Any input would be greatly appericiated. I look forward to learning from you guys on this forurm.
    I currently drive a 07 Grand cherokee SRT8.
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you should be able to fit a 33" tire just fine... how big are the rims??? and I love those cherokee SRT8 they are awesome fast too I bet you have some fun in it!!!
  3. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016: you can have a look at 1010tires.com
  4. squigmang

squigmang New Member

Thanks guys I appericiate the quick replys!! 33" Tire would be perfect. what about width?

Yea I love the SRT8, going to keep it more as a toy, too expensive on fuel for a DD.
    heres a pic of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Pete95Sierra

you should be ok with a 305 width tire (its about 12" wide) id say... and nice jeep!!
  6. squigmang

squigmang New Member

Great! Waht about the profile though, how high can I go?

20 wheel btw..

And thanks for the compliment on the Jeep!
  7. Pete95Sierra

ive looked into it a little more and I found that a 305/55/20 is around a 33/12... I dont think they will rub with the stock rims but again correct me if im wrong here guys... you may even be better off with a 285 its about 11.5" wide
  8. squigmang

squigmang New Member

Awesome man, Thanks alot i appericiate it!
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree I'm pretty sure you can run 33's with little or no rubbing. That jeep is awesome by the way. :great:
  10. squigmang

squigmang New Member

Hey man, Thanks for the compliment!

Do you guys know of any pics floating around anywhere of a silverado with 33's