Bigger Fuel Tank

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Chevytrucknut, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Chevytrucknut

Chevytrucknut New Member

I have an 06 Silverado K1500 Crew Cab waith the 5'9" box. Does anyone have any idea if there is a larger fuel tank that fits? Possibly out of a Yucon or Tahoe?

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I don't know of any that would work as a "replacement" tank. Have you looked at the "combo" tool box/fuel tanks that are available (Transfer Flow)?

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Slip tanks, which are used on most rig diesel trucks around here, is a tank that is put in the box of the truck, which is basically an alternative fuel tank, with a nozzle on it. Basically like a mini gas station in the back of your truck.

4. Chevytrucknut

Chevytrucknut New Member

I'm trying not to put a fuel tank in the bed. With only having a 5'9" box (we call it the sand box bed), I need all the bed I have.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I also have a K1500 crewcab with the sandbox and have been looking for 5 years for a bigger fuel tank and I havent found one. I've talked to TransferFlow and Titan and they say the K1500s dont have enough room to make a tank bigger thats much bigger than the stock tank that would be worth it.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had an ext cab with the 5'9" box. from the looks of it you might be able to stick a tank out of a tahoe in there and i think they can get up to 32gallons?? However i make no claims it will i never measured it.

And look at things like this you could be me i have the 40 gallon and i go thru that in less than 400 miles.. However i dont need wieght in the box in the winter when its full..

Oh and note about the box mounted tanks for anyone reading this.. They cannot be hooked up to your trucks fuel system in any way shape or form... You have to pump it from the tank into your truck.. I know for sure that it is Illegal here in MN, and WI.. Just a warning since i was looking at doing a similar mod to my truck for towing the sleds, and the boat. Plus as a way to fill up my sleds or boat when we go way out in the boonies..