1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bigger tires on a 99 Sub

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by DOGMANN, Feb 4, 2011.

1. DOGMANN

DOGMANN New Member

Will 285/75/16s fit on a 4x2-2500 1999 Suburban? The 2500 really looks to be sitting pretty high-just stock...
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I had 33's on there before and only had problems on tight turning stuff. So they should fit fine....in the worst case get a 2 or 3 inch body lift under it and your good to go !!
    They are kind of easy to install and only run about 300 bucks for a good one.
  3. DOGMANN

DOGMANN New Member

I also wanted to go with all black steel rims- like the cragar or American racing wheel steel. Does any company make a replacement steel wheel with the correct backspacing and bolt pattern for the 99 chevy suburban?
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

not in steel, but aluminum.
  5. strat804

strat804 New Member

I'm running 275/65/18 which converts to 32.1 on my 2000 4x4 tahoe with light rub on sharp turns. 285/75/16 converts to 32.8 so you will have some rubbing on turns most likely. I'm sure the 2500 sits a little higher than a 1500 though. Thanks to online conversion.com I can easily convert tire sizes! You can see pics on my tahoe on my page.
  6. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

No rubbing here. I do have to slow way down while turning into some parking lots. That little curbing causes the shock to compress just enough to hit the fender.