1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

bigger tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dabadas, Nov 14, 2009.

1. dabadas

dabadas Member

what is the biggest size tires can you put on stock 2004 2500hd siverado

2. Size Matters

I just asked my pal here the same question, he pointed me toward 4wheelparts.com, you can narrow it down by truck, then next to the tire size is the tire size calculator, it tells you what size you can put on for what amount of lift. It also tells you optimum gear ratio's to modify too. This site can give you a good Idea, but I would still triple check before buying online. If you have time I recommend going to a tire store that you would never buy from, act friendly and ask if you can compare the tire to the current one. It may be a little rude but they only want your money anyways.

3. lisathomas

lisathomas New Member

You can easily know the size of the tires if you contact authorised dealor...he will guide you in the right and proper way so that you don't face any problem in future..so it better to contact them...

4. nicesilverado

nicesilverado New Member

265/75/16 no cranking t bars
    285/75/16 a couple turns

5. nate41102

nate41102 New Member

i have an 06 silverado 1500 and i run 325-60-18 with bars cranked just a few turns have no rubbing issues at all even at lock to lock, everyone i had talked to said there was no way they would fit but have had them on there for over a year now and had no issues, no trimming required either

6. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i was able to put 285/75/16s on my 04 1500 with no modifications at all.so for your truck you should be able to do at least that if not bigger

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have an 05' 2500HD and I have often wondered the same thing, what I am going to do is have them mount one 285/75/R16 and see if it rubs in the front or not. It looks close to me, but then again looks can be decieving.