1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Biggest Lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by sdpbob, Sep 27, 2008.

1. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

Whats the biggest lift I can get for my truck? Ive seen an air lift, whats out there for an air lift?

2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

half ton? 3/4 ton or 1 ton? i think i just answered my own question the z 71 is only in a half ton right? if so i believe the biggest you can go is a 6 inch unless its an off brand witch most places won't install

3. 4x4_only

4x4_only Member

Are you wanting a functional lift that will benefit you offroad...or a totally useless lift so you can run 52" tires and impress all the local high school kids?

If you want functional go with 6 or 8"max from either pro comp, fabtech, RCD, or rancho. If you want the really big, useless, show lifts that break all the time, you can get upwards of 16" of lift from whiplash or Full Throttle.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5. sdpbob

I was thinking about a 6 in with a 3 in body lift. But if they make a 8 or 9 in that would work instead. Well its gonna be a little bit of everything, show and off roading. I was thinking about running 35's with 22's.

6. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Chevy offers the Z71 package for all trucks now. So he could have a Z71 3/4 ton

7. sdpbob

Its a 1/2 ton

8. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

ummm personally i dont think i would be wheeling with 35's and 22's there's not much side wall there going that big of a rim and you could go 4 inch to fit 35's just a little trim on the front valance

9. sdpbob

Yea I was thinking about that, I think the 22's would be for show and different ones for the mud. I want to go with a big lift because I havent seen many NBS's with a big lift and what not, so that why I wanna do it.

10. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you're doing a big lift you're going to want tires bigger than 35's. They will look tiny on an 8 or 9 inch lift.