1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Biggest POS car/truck ever made.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Jul 11, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I've never seen it on here, but I figure that it would be good for discussion. What's the biggest POS car/truck ever made.

My vote if for:

Chrysler K cars. What incredible oil leaking piles of junk those cars were.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

lol! The K car. I knew a few people in high school that had them. You are correct they all seemed to leak oil like crazy. But, they seemed to run forever. That was the first car that I ever had to do a timing belt on. It sucked. Plus, every one I knew of also leaked trans fluid. When the fluid would get low the car would stall any time you stopped at a light. Add literally a drop of trans fluid and it would be good for another month.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Any Chry Crap.... Or Range Rover.....
  4. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

Just wondering...how many Range Rovers have you owned?
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Renault Alliance
    Puegeot and Citroen any model
    Sterling 825 and 827
    Owned 1 or more of each of these models and none of them have been dependable vehicles.
    The Renault had less than 3000 miles when the engine blew and I spent 9 months fighting to get it repaired under warranty only to have it replaced with another Alliance that blew the engine after 24,000 miles.
  6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

My family had much better luck with "K" cars than you did ! Had two in the family, my late wife had one, took a clutch when almost new, fixed under warranty - 0 problems after that. Mother in law had one for at least 12 years - almost lost an engine due to a serious oil leak. She had a recall or service advisory on it, but she threw it in the trash. One of her son in laws found the car over two quarts low on oil ! He took it to her dealer and even though it was way past warranty, they fixed it and covered the cost, it ran several more years with no trouble. Back to the subject - The worst pieces of junk we ever had in my family was 1. a Mercury Bobcat ( remember the Pinto ?, same car ) No end of problems - Ford didn't help at all, 1st engine shot at about 50K, rebuild didn't make it 10K. Cost my brother LOTS of money, traded it at less than 5 yrs. old - gave it away ! 2nd was a chevy citation, belonged to my dad, he was easy on cars, drove conservative & took good care of them. That car was a lemon from day one. Dad refused to ever buy another GM vehicle again. Personally, the worst I ever had was a '95 chev, s10 blazer, no big problems, but it was always something, soon as the warrenty was up we traded it !!
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  7. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Not to pick on the brand that so many of us love for other reasons, but let's not forget that GM has put out a few duds also.

Anyone remember the 5.7(? Or was it 5.2?)Liter Diesel engine? The TH200 transmission?
  8. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Chevy Chevette
  9. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Chevy Vega. The "big three" all made some huge mistakes and did little to nothing to assist owners stuck with the problems. No wonder Toyota and other foreign makes have done so well. csltrains96 brought up the infamous early GM diesel. I had a couple friends that lost a lot of money on those, one was an Olds, the other a 1/2 ton GMC pickup. The dealer wouldn't even accept the pickup back on a trade !
  10. 98chevy33

98chevy33 New Member

ford f150 fix or repair daily :lol: