Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Biggest Tire on 2001 GMC Sierra SLE

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Atlas77, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Atlas77

Atlas77 New Member

What is the biggest tire I can put on my stock 2001 GMC Sierra SLE Ex Cab. I found an awesome deal for a 15' rim with 32/11.5/15 tires. Will they fit?

2. o3gerber

o3gerber Rockstar 100 Posts

Depending on the backspacing of the rim they will fit, you might have to tighten up the torrion bars a bit to prevent the tire from rubbing. Is yout truck 4 wheel drive?

3. Atlas77

Atlas77 New Member

2 Wheel Drive. Should i just invest in a leveling kit that raises the front and the rear? 4 rims with brand new tires, for 400. They look amazing

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

If I remember right 15's wont fit because they will hit on the caliper. I had a 2000 z71 and thats what I was told. 16 was minimum. I know my current truck with 16's if they dont put the stick on weights in the right spot they will hit on the caliper as well.

5. Atlas77

Atlas77 New Member

Dang i totally forgot about that, i believe i read that on here awhile back ago . Well i think im just going to get bigger tires on the factory chrome 16's they look good anyways. Thanks everyone

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah man you will need a 2.25 inch leveling kit to fit around a 33 or raise your torsion bars either one will work with a 32 11.50 for sure will no rubbing.

7. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah they say u can only go up in size from stock rims u can never go down in rim size