1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

biggest tire on stock 2500 hd with no lift??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 08bowtie, Jan 14, 2010.

1. 08bowtie

08bowtie Rockstar 100 Posts

what is the biggest tire to install on a stock 2500 HD? Don't know anything about lifts but does not need to be taller, just curious. THANKS!:great:

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

285/75/16 will fit no problem, if you get just a simple spacer to level the front end out, you will be able to go bigger

3. 08bowtie

08bowtie Rockstar 100 Posts

what kind of spacer? what does this accomplish? not sure about this "extra" stuff LOL:great::rules:

Thanks

4. Thomas Bennett

Thomas Bennett New Member

I would like to get the front higher as well. My 2WD 2001 is alot lower in the front.

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I did the procomp level kit and have 285/75/18. There was some rubbing but I trimmed out some plastic and a bit of metal.
    If you slap on the 285's without a level kit you'll mostlikely have the kit installed the next day.
    4 wheel parts did mine for about 500 bucks or so - including parts and labor witht the lifetime allignment. Take a look at my albums.

6. lax9986

lax9986 New Member

level it

if all you want to do is get the front end higher then i recomend going with a rough country leveling kit ($100). or if you want to go up all arround i recomend going with the the truxxx leveling/lift kit($290). 3 inch front and 2 inch rear. both will clear 285/75R16's but the truxxx i think is a better deal. both can be found at www.rockmountainsusp.com or www.4wheelonline.com.

7. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

x2 on the leveling kit, very smart way to go. it's easy to take off and put on, and does wonders for your truck. if you get the right one, it may not even void your foactory warranty