1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

biggest tire size for a stock colorado??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Tyler Kellogg, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

Hey guys, I'm buying 17" rims for my 05 colorado, and i was wanting offroading tires with it....what is the biggest size i can go while not having any rubbing?? The colorado is on a z71 chassis incase that matters, it's not 4 wheel drive either. I was hopin yall had some advice??!!
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you may be able to squeeze a 285/70R17 on the Z71. However, I would go with a 265/70R17
  3. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

Ok thanks....is there a certain brand that you have had good experiences with?? bf goodrich or goodyear wranglers was what i was thinking about.
  4. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

i like bfgoodrich. what size are ur stock tires?
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if i remember right a 31x10.50R15 will fit with that rim but im not sure about a 17" try hitting up the colorado fan site http://www.************.com there is a lot of good info on that site about anything for the colorado/canyon

and for tires I would go with a Goodyear wrangler silent armor great tire 50k warranty, I work at a goodyear and all the employees have them on there trucks and suv's i would put them on if the truck i just bought didnt have almost new Goodyear wrangler rt/s on it witch is also a great tire
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

BFG All terrain. for the money i think they are they best tires on and off road and look rugged as well
  7. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i wouldnt go bigger than a 265... regardless of rim size you should stay with the oem size without any lift... those tires seem big enough unless you wanna do a 2'' lift or something which is relatively easy
  8. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

tire size and brand

wow guys, all your help was amazing. I talked to Gavin at tire rack and finally decided to go with 265/65 R17 tires. General Grabber AT2 is the tire, and i went with the Granite Alloy GA9 wheels. I think that the tire size is a good one...hopefully it won't look too small on the truck, but i don't believe it will. Was that an ok choice on tire size??
  9. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

Thanks!

hey guys thanks alot for all the help on the tires...265/65/r17's are the perfect sizes. i have a picture up of the truck with the rims on it....next step is a bed cover and tinted front windows. again i appreciate all the help guys!