biggest tire size for a stock colorado??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Tyler Kellogg, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

Hey guys, I'm buying 17" rims for my 05 colorado, and i was wanting offroading tires with it....what is the biggest size i can go while not having any rubbing?? The colorado is on a z71 chassis incase that matters, it's not 4 wheel drive either. I was hopin yall had some advice??!!

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you may be able to squeeze a 285/70R17 on the Z71. However, I would go with a 265/70R17

3. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

Ok thanks....is there a certain brand that you have had good experiences with?? bf goodrich or goodyear wranglers was what i was thinking about.

4. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

i like bfgoodrich. what size are ur stock tires?

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if i remember right a 31x10.50R15 will fit with that rim but im not sure about a 17" try hitting up the colorado fan site http://www.************.com there is a lot of good info on that site about anything for the colorado/canyon

and for tires I would go with a Goodyear wrangler silent armor great tire 50k warranty, I work at a goodyear and all the employees have them on there trucks and suv's i would put them on if the truck i just bought didnt have almost new Goodyear wrangler rt/s on it witch is also a great tire

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

BFG All terrain. for the money i think they are they best tires on and off road and look rugged as well

7. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i wouldnt go bigger than a 265... regardless of rim size you should stay with the oem size without any lift... those tires seem big enough unless you wanna do a 2'' lift or something which is relatively easy

8. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

tire size and brand

wow guys, all your help was amazing. I talked to Gavin at tire rack and finally decided to go with 265/65 R17 tires. General Grabber AT2 is the tire, and i went with the Granite Alloy GA9 wheels. I think that the tire size is a good one...hopefully it won't look too small on the truck, but i don't believe it will. Was that an ok choice on tire size??

9. Tyler Kellogg

Tyler Kellogg New Member

Thanks!

hey guys thanks alot for all the help on the tires...265/65/r17's are the perfect sizes. i have a picture up of the truck with the rims on it....next step is a bed cover and tinted front windows. again i appreciate all the help guys!