1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Biggest tires on stock rims/body?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by HawaiiKid, Feb 24, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys,
    Just wondering what size tires I could fit on my 03 Silverado Z-71 4x4? Its stock lift-wise, just thinkin about what i'd like to do in the future. Thanks!
  2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i got 315x70x17 bfg's on my stock rims but i also have a 6" lift to clear them
  3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You could get on bigger tires either by cutting your fenders or by running fiberglass flared ones. Other than that, you're not going to get very big. Why not just get a leveling kit? They're inexpensive and easy.
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey the biggest tires you could fit on a stock truck(no lift, no keys, no torsion bar mods, no cutting, etc.) is a 285/75
  5. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was able to fit a set of GoodYear Silent Armor A/T 305/65R-16 (stock rims) on my 1994 K1500 Pickup.

No rubbing...:gasp:
  6. MrLM7

MrLM7 New Member

The biggest you can fit on a 99-07c 4x4 with no lift on the stock rims is 285/75/16... If you use the stock 17s from 2005+, you can fit 285/70/17s...
  7. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

I fit 285/55's on 20x10's with minimal rubbing and maxed out stock t-bars.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Rockstar

9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Doesn't it ride rough though?
  10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Not sure if you still plan on doing this, but I had 33X12.5-17's on my truck prior to my leveling kit (not even a t-bar crank), and only had rubbing when backing up and turning to the left or the right. No rubbing while turning and going forward or even turning while braking (still going forward). Weird, I know, but I checked it over and over and over again.