Billet Grille

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MWright936, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have looked at quite a few different billet grilles on websites and such, but I can't seem to see that much of a difference between them. I am considering getting one for my truck one of these days, and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions of brands/types that look and fit good on an '03-'07 classic body style (like my '05). Brand? Cut out or bolt on? Aluminum or stainless? Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

2. rruss2005

rruss2005 New Member

I dont know of anything for a 05 but I have an 08 and i like the cut out grills it is a cleaner look and you dont see factory grill

3. 0321

0321 New Member

Also as I understand, if tightened to much(depending on the type) your grill will have waves and dimples at the fastening points.

4. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the pointers guys! Any suggestions on brands?

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I just got a StylinConcepts catalog and there are several good looking grills in it. I like the "speed grill", myself. I've seen some trucks with them in the past.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I can tell you the major difference in billet grilles, is that 99% of all billet grilles are just faced. What I mean is if you turn over any grille and look at the back of it, most of them are black painted steel bars with a nice polished aluminum or stainless front. The grille I bought for my truck is from Trenz out of California, there grills are solid stainless through and through. They are far heavier and way better quality, mine set me back about $400 but you get what you pay for. By the way that is a cut-out style grille, they look way better without the webbing showing through. I had bought one of the cheaper billet grilles from Godfather customs, I don't remember the name of the company but it was only $100. The first time I waxed it whatever wax went onto the black bars behind the aluminum strips would not come off, it looked like body trim when you get wax on it. It looked terrible I ended up taking it off, the aluminum isn't as near as nice as the stainless steel ones! That grille was a bolt-over you could see everything behind it, that is why I went with the cut-out version. Hope that this helps you out, thanks................TRPLXL2

7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

definately cut out. i got mine from ebay. i did it all my self. very easy and it looks great. i think it was $53 shipped to the house.