1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bilstein 4600 Series HD shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, Jul 25, 2012.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

Is there anyone who has these shocks on their rides? The reason I'm asking is when I installed these on my truck I over torqued the top nut in the front shocks and over time the rubber washers have flattened out and have cracked. I went to look for the instructions and parts list and number to call for Bilstein put I cannot find them. They must have gotten lost when we moved into our new house. Anyways I was wondering if anyone out there might have this info from their Bilsteins. I went to their website but got nowhere.
  2. SAGO

SAGO New Member

You looking for the shock part number or the rubber grommet?
  3. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

I was looking for the rubber spacer. I finally got some feedback from Bilstein and they are sending me new ones.
  4. SAGO

SAGO New Member

Hiw many miles do you have on the truck? Ive got them on my F450 also and both trucks still look good.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, that's good customer service on their end. Did they have a number to call or did you reach out on their website?
  6. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

77000 miles.
  7. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

I e-mailed them on their website then their North American guy e-mailed back with a number to call him. I thought it was pretty good myself.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, that's good customer service. For a while companies were slacking on customer service ... now they realize that it can help/hurt them as so many people share information online. Stories like this are pretty cool.
  9. SAGO

SAGO New Member

Good to know, Ill keep an eye on those grommets here. Did they charge you for them? With a product like this I would hope a 10 cent piece of rubber they would cover and send them to you with no charge...