1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bilstein 5100 Adjustables installed!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DarkCherry, Nov 4, 2010.

1. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Well just got some 5100s installed on my 08 Silverado 4x4. Wow what a difference, these drive so much better than the POS stock ones, plus it leveled out the truck. Best change so far. Crappy picture from cell phone and kind of misleading cause the driveway is sloped but you get the point. Chevy Silverado Leveled.jpg
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Holy toolbox DarkCherry!! hahaha

The truck looks great. So is the ride smoother or what is the difference?? I went the level kit route and wondering if the 5100's are the better way to level.
  3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Lookin good! Looks much better than stock thats for sure! I wish I had the option of a leveling kit on my truck!
  4. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

Yes the ride is smoother and more responsive. Its hard to explain. When going over bumps i used to be jerked around, seems like i glide over them now, truck doesnt buck anymore. Shocks seem to absorb the bumps alot better.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

By the way checkout why i have the larger toolbox, http://www.alumiknox.com/ . Tool box has tons of storage space for all tools and toys, and comes in very handy during hunting seasons.
  5. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

That's a really nice box. I'll have to keep that in mind for a present to myself in a few weeks.
  6. ajarman

Wow! That box kicks the crap out of my UWS box!!
  7. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

How do you like the GY Duratracs? How are they on the road? Loud? how are they wearing? Do they beat you to hell?
  8. ajarman

I love the DuraTracs! The road noise just like an A/T tire but maybe a tick louder at 65+mph. I have a long drive to work 5 days a week down winding back country roads and they are by no means a street tire but I dont worry about taking a curve at speed. When driving on the highway they are just as smooth as any other tire I have owned so no rough hwy ride. I have put about 18k miles on them in less than 8 months. I am roating about every 5k. The first 10k miles the tires looked brand new. Once I got over the 10k I started noticing a bit of cupping so I went from 33psi in each tire to 42psi and have not noticed anymore wearing. I hope that answered your questions, if I missed something just let me know!
  9. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

can't wait till I get mine levelled------probably not till spring----looks like the Bilsteins are theway to go
  10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The truck looks great with those shocks! I'm glad to hear that they improve the ride quite a bit too.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

By the way, where did you end up purchasing them? And did you install them yourself?