1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bilstein 5100 level question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by slimcubby, Dec 16, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. slimcubby

slimcubby New Member

Hey Guys,

I was wanting to level my truck out after I get my new rims and tires but can't do the new wheels yet. Would it look wierd leveled out with my stock chrome 20's? The tires aren't as big as I would like. If anyone is running there setup like this please post a pic so I can check it out.

Thanks!!
    ~Slim
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm running Bilstein 5100 levelling shocks on stock 17" rims with 245 rubber and yes i hate the small tire look.I plan on doing new rubber in the spring.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Bilstein leveling kit is the way to go on the NBS trucks.
  4. slimcubby

slimcubby New Member

What is NBS? New Body Style?

Do you guys think it will look bad with the stock tire size on the stock 20s in the meantime until I get new wheels and tires?
  5. troutbug

troutbug New Member 100 Posts

Yes on the NBS. You might also see NNBS (new new body style) which refers to the '07+ models, excluding the '07 classic. It seems though over time everyone now just says NBS.

Here's a picture of my truck with a 2.5" front level. This isn't the stock Silverado rims, but the tire size is the same (275/55 R20). This should give you an idea on how it will look until you get beefier tires. I too will go with slightly bigger tires next time I'm due. Since this pic I have put in the 3" readylift rear blocks to get rid of my rear sag due to the camper top. I think it looks good, I just haven't taken any pictures of it yet.
    There are also several leveling kit threads on here if you search, which may give you what you are looking for.
    bigger.jpg
  6. slimcubby

slimcubby New Member

After I have the 5100's installed and realigned with my stock rims and tires will I have to get another alignment when I get different rims and bigger tires??
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For me, I would get an alignment just to make sure the alignment is as good at it can get, especially if you feel any pull or vibration after the you change them....tires are too expensive for me to take chances.

You may want to see if you can find a company that has a lifetime alignment program (not sure if new tires and rims would still qualify for the program tho). It may be little more expensive to begin with, but it should help save you money over time.
  8. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think "level" always looks better than uphill or downhill rake. I don't know if GM will ever get a frickin clue, but any rake on trucks just looks stupid.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yes! you will need to get another alignment when you switch the size of the tires and rims.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Thanks for saying you think my truck looks stupid stephan LOL!,my truck still has a 1" rake to it due to the fact that i put a 2" block in the back.It's very slight but at least when i haul something my truck doesn't look like my leafs are shot.
  10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

HAHAHA... I have to say, I agree with Stephan but I like your truck, BigBomber. I don't think it looks stupid at all. LoL.