Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bilstein Shock Choice

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by MBurke, Mar 27, 2009.

1. MBurke

MBurke Rockstar

Hello, I have a 2004 Silverado ext cab 4x4 with 76000K no lift or lowering... bought it used and I'm sure I still have original shocks on. I use it to drive to work ( in town ) and pull my fishing boat. No off road stuff and no heavy hauling. I think its time to change shocks. I have decided to go with Bilstein's. I want to stiffin it up some. By just getting replacment shocks will I get the stiffness Im looking for ? I would rather have a stiffer ride than a comfort ride. Is there a expert out there that would suggest which series to get ?

Thanks
    Mike

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The 5100 series seems to be the most popular. Most Bilstein dealers are running the "Buy3, get 1 free" promotion so check around before you buy. There is a dealer search on the Bilstein site.

3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yup, run the 5100's as darcy said. they are great. and yes i think bilstein is running a buy 3 get one free promotion until the end of april or something

5. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I bought the Monroe load adjusting gas coil overs for my tahoe to be able to haul with it and they work great. I haul cars and everything with mine bought a car hauler trailer just for that and it works great.