Bilstein Shock Choice

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by MBurke, Mar 27, 2009.

1. MBurke

MBurke Rockstar

Hello, I have a 2004 Silverado ext cab 4x4 with 76000K no lift or lowering... bought it used and I'm sure I still have original shocks on. I use it to drive to work ( in town ) and pull my fishing boat. No off road stuff and no heavy hauling. I think its time to change shocks. I have decided to go with Bilstein's. I want to stiffin it up some. By just getting replacment shocks will I get the stiffness Im looking for ? I would rather have a stiffer ride than a comfort ride. Is there a expert out there that would suggest which series to get ?

Thanks
    Mike

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The 5100 series seems to be the most popular. Most Bilstein dealers are running the "Buy3, get 1 free" promotion so check around before you buy. There is a dealer search on the Bilstein site.

3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yup, run the 5100's as darcy said. they are great. and yes i think bilstein is running a buy 3 get one free promotion until the end of april or something

5. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I bought the Monroe load adjusting gas coil overs for my tahoe to be able to haul with it and they work great. I haul cars and everything with mine bought a car hauler trailer just for that and it works great.