Bilstein Shocks - Two HD models?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by legendscar95, Apr 7, 2010.

1. legendscar95

legendscar95 New Member

Folks,

Disclaimer (I feel I have to!): I did search for shock information, but, didn't find specific model information so sorry if this actually exists someplace - I couldn't find it!

Ok, with that out of the way, I have a 2005 1500 Crew Cab LT 2WD and want HD Bilstein's. That seemed like an easy choice, until I looked at sites to buy them - including Bilstein.com - and there are (at least) two models of HD shocks for Front/Rear:

F4-BE5-2905-H0 --- REAR
    F4-BE5-2903-H0 --- REAR
    F4-BE5-2905-H1 --- REAR
    F4-BE5-2902-H0 --- FRONT
    F4-BE5-6500-H0 --- FRONT

All of which "seem" to fit my make/model of truck... I'm looking for a super firm ride, and to never bounce around again. Ever. LOL....

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Al

2. rhill20

rhill20 New Member

Bilstein's are a good choice. I had them on my HUMMER and now I have the Ranchos on my Silverado. While the Ranchos are nice, they aren't the Bilsteins...

3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I deal with bilsteincanada.com .Not sure where you are located but i purchased 4 for my truck and they were by far the cheapest i found.Go to their contact page on the site and email or call Gordon or Warren,tell them what you need and they will be able to help you decide which shocks are for you.

4. legendscar95

legendscar95 New Member

Thanks!

I'm in Charlotte, NC -- but, I'll give those Canadian folks a shout as for the life of me I can't figure out the difference in the model #'s..... I just want the stiffest ride possible.... :)

Thanks again for the response - I truly appreciate it!!!

Al