Bilstein vs KYB shocks

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know that everyone likes the bilsteins. Does anyone have an opinion on KYB shocks or the monroe reflex monotube? I am looking to change out the shocks on my 05 yukon xl. I am leaning toward the bilstein, but I can get a discount on the KYB and the monroe MonoTube (buy one get one free)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Both are Great Shocks you will not have a problem with Bilstein or KYB's True Shock Co's...

3. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

All thee are good shocks. I have used the Monroe Reflex shocks and they provided a good ride on the Tahoe. They handle OK and they made the Tahoe ride like a luxury vehicle. But, I did change them out for the Bilsteins. The ride is a little more harsh, but I can go around corners faster with a lot less lean. (The Tahoe does have Eibach sway bars and springs.)

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, I put some reflex monotube on the front yesterday. They rode like crap. It handled awesome, but I felt like I was going to break teeth on every bump. I returned them and bought some regular double tube reflex. They are a little soft for me. The nose still dives when braking and I have more body roll than with the monotube. But, I like the softer ride so I guess I will stick with them