1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bilstein vs KYB shocks

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I know that everyone likes the bilsteins. Does anyone have an opinion on KYB shocks or the monroe reflex monotube? I am looking to change out the shocks on my 05 yukon xl. I am leaning toward the bilstein, but I can get a discount on the KYB and the monroe MonoTube (buy one get one free)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Both are Great Shocks you will not have a problem with Bilstein or KYB's True Shock Co's...
  3. BillM

BillM Member

All thee are good shocks. I have used the Monroe Reflex shocks and they provided a good ride on the Tahoe. They handle OK and they made the Tahoe ride like a luxury vehicle. But, I did change them out for the Bilsteins. The ride is a little more harsh, but I can go around corners faster with a lot less lean. (The Tahoe does have Eibach sway bars and springs.)
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Well, I put some reflex monotube on the front yesterday. They rode like crap. It handled awesome, but I felt like I was going to break teeth on every bump. I returned them and bought some regular double tube reflex. They are a little soft for me. The nose still dives when braking and I have more body roll than with the monotube. But, I like the softer ride so I guess I will stick with them