Black Bear Auto Cal tune

Discussion in 'Black Bear Performance' started by Adam, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

For anyone in here that has had an AutoCal tune, how long did it take to get a tune once you sent BlackBear the truck logs and engine trans stock tune files?

2. Adam

Adam New Member

I got the tune in today. Just as everyone said the tune is AWESOME. Blackbear is definitely the way to go if you are looking for some more power. It's like having a whole new truck!!! Thanks Blackbear!

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I contacted Black Bear a few months ago and told him i was interested because the price was really great! How is the tune and how much more hp and torque did you get out of it and what mod's did you have before with the tune all together??

4. deepstuff

deepstuff Rockstar

What's the difference between V1 and V2, Is V2 worth the extra $250?

5. Adam

Adam New Member

Im not sure about the actual horsepower/torque numbers because I have never had the truck on a dyno, but I can say that it has more power. Before the tune the truck would really start lagging around 75mph. Now it will blow through 80mph and the speedo doesn't slow down. Much more throttle response and shifts much better. I had the active fuel mgmt taken off and it is getting better gas mileage than when I had it on. Around town I'm getting 14-14.5mpg. If you get this tune you will NOT be dissapointed!!! I'm running a K&N 63 series CAI and 2.5" duals with two 40 series flowmasters. I have already referred BB to several of my friends that were looking into it. My advise is...JUST DO IT!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

My understanding is that the V1 and V2 devices actually allow you to make tunes to your vehicle on your own. I'm not that computer savy to go that route. I ordered the AutoCal and had Justin tune my truck for me. V2 is a later version with more options that V1. If you are looking into that I would shoot BB an email and they may be able to go into more depth.

6. 08bowtie

08bowtie Rockstar 100 Posts

I am really interested with the new autocal tune, this thing should make a big difference in hp and gas mileage........what have you seen for mileage increase?

7. Adam

Adam New Member

My truck picked up 2 mpg around town and 2.5-3 on the highway 13-14 city/country road. 16.5-17 on the highway depending on how fast I'm going. I have the 5.3L. Results may vary with your 6.0