Black bear

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sierra11, Aug 15, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. sierra11

sierra11 New Member 100 Posts

Eventually I want to put an exhaust on it but probably never a CAI. I had one on my last truck and saw no performance gains so I'd rather spend money other places.
  2. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member 100 Posts

honestly if u get a tune, cai, and exhaust they all work better off each other. if u do just so ya know a ebay intake is more or less the same as a high end one.
  3. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

As long as it's actually a CAI, and not just a tube with a cone filter on the end that sits in the engine bay, sure. But most of the cheap eBay crap is just a tube with a cone filter. You can find good deals on the Volant/Airaid/K&Ns too.
  4. sierra11

5. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

Both of those don't look like the seal very well, and will likely suck in some hotter air.

For a little more than both of those cost, I just ordered an Airaid Jr. kit for my Avy. It uses the stock air box, but replaces the filter and intake tube with a pre-formed composite one which flows better than stock. It's not as big of a change as the kits that cost twice as much as it does, like the full Volant kit + filter sock; but it is a nice improvement over stock, and would match up well with a stock intake manifold, and only external bolt-on mods, and would probably be a good fit for the tune you want.
  6. sierra11

alright thanks for the advice
  7. sierra11

okay I got the order form and the choices for torque management are (none,50%,75%,100%,and other) which should I go with?
  8. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

On a stock trans, assuming those are "how much it to drop off, meaning 100% is no TM at all," I'd probably go with "other" and choose around 25-30%.