1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Black bowtie and tint taillights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Mmarrocco, Jun 4, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Mmarrocco

Mmarrocco New Member

I painted the the bowtie black and it looks great. Now all i need is a billet grille and then paint that black to match it and I'm thinking about smoking the taillights with film tint. I was wondering if anyone has ever done any of these ideas yet? If so, provide some tips and some pics.

2. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm gonna be blacking out my ties this weekend, can't wait. as far as the taillights go, tell me how it went when you do it, i want to do the same, just don't know how it would turn out

3. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 Rockstar

a couple of my buddies have bought a spray on tint from auto zone that works pretty well, i dont know what its called but i know the scuffed up their tail lights, sprayed it on and wet sanded it and it looked great.

4. Mmarrocco

Mmarrocco New Member

yeah i heard people spray this like night shade tint spray stuff on their lights and it does look good. i want to try film tint cause my buddy has it on his titan and it looks cool.

5. playa6tnine

playa6tnine New Member

^i've done tinted tails on several of my cars, and i would not recommend the film overlays. the quality is night and day difference between film overlay and spray on. however, spray on is only good if its done right.

i would recommend jonstintedtails.com. they do quailty work, and on average charge about $80 to do a pair of taillights to the darkness of your liking. the site describes the process they use. and they also have a fast turn around time, so your not stuck without taillights for a long time.

(not my truck):

[​IMG]

6. 4gstarion

4gstarion Member

i have a 01 suburban i smoked my taillight and 3rd brake light and front turn signals and the bowtie and have a billet grill and H.I.D.S (xenon) bulbs 8k and it looks rly good try the vht night shade from auto zone and then let them dry wait about 4 days and buff and polish them and omg look rly good

7. 62930-03

62930-03 Rockstar

I just checked the sight and it was around $230 +/- plus shipping for tail lights for a 03-06 silverado.
    Where are you finding them for around $80 ?

8. Ryancbennett

Ryancbennett New Member

9. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

I mosk my taillights 3rd brake light myself firs sand the lights use black spay paint if they get to dark sand them then use the clear coat i spend like 20

10. Tater

Tater Member

This is probably an easy question, but what kinda paint did you use for bow tie and how did you go about it? had a friend do his and it looks like s**t, everyone feel free to suggest other ideas also! Thanks ya'l